7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2018, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236

You are urinating into a hurricane I'm afraid. It would not matter if Slade had us playing like Barca and shooting through the leagues plus a couple of cups to some people ............. simply because he is Slade and they have hated him for so long they cannot go back on their grudges. Your facts are just slightly inconvenient.

Yes the real blame lies firmly at the door of the man whose managerial appointments record rivals the UK performances in the Eurovision Song Contest.  Backing the manager in the transfer market? I think that is baloney as far as this regime is concerned anyway. You don't have to be a mindreader to realise that Slade's summer signings were bordering on panic because his real targets were off the budget. Fenty is only bothered about the new ground, keeping the club afloat until the Fentydome opens and provides an avalanche of income for transfers.

Indeed.

Come to think of it, has there ever been a manager who we have rowed in behind? The Championship wasn't good enough for some under Buckley, because he had an "attitude."

I can only think of Lawrie Mac who was universally liked, adored even but alas it was for too short a time.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Lincspoacher
January 31, 2018, 8:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Well said Barry.

There are many things I want to say on here but best I don’t as I don’t wish to betray friends who have confided in me.

But I was speaking to Dudley Ramsden recently, who sold the club to a very keen JF 15 years ago.

You know what, bloody depressed me in the realisation that the club will not recover until things change at the top.

Interestingly, the club was purchased and was not in debt .

Buck stops at the top for the non league 6 years, free fall from championship and loss of 5000 fans in 15 years.

Take a bow son
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 8:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

This, exactly. Annoys me too!

It's beyond annoying. How a so called professional manager can end up with such a massive squad like ours, that is totally unbalanced, is beyond comprehension.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Rodley Mariner
January 31, 2018, 8:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
We now have 4 strikers on loan. Part of the building something I guess?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
KingstonMariner
January 31, 2018, 8:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

He (Fenty) always says the budget is "competitive" but was does that even mean? Compared to who? People might say we must have a big budget because we have got 30 players but that has come about by accident. We were meant to off load a lot of them.

It's funny how at the start of the season we always had 'competitive budgets' but midway through the season, we're to be be patient and understanding because there are X clubs with bigger budgets than us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 31, 2018, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

It's beyond annoying. How a so called professional manager can end up with such a massive squad like ours, that is totally unbalanced, is beyond comprehension.

He has managed to ship at least some out on loan. Most of them were supposed to have moved on by now but it is an indication of their lack of quality that nobody wants them. Mostly they are non-league standard but being paid league 2 wages. Of course the other side of this is that he does not have the cash to get quality replacements.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
Quagmire
January 31, 2018, 9:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
We now have 4 strikers on loan. Part of the building something I guess?

How many loan players are we allowed in the match day squad nowadays?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
Rodley Mariner
January 31, 2018, 9:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
5 I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
ginnywings
January 31, 2018, 9:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Yes, it's 5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Quagmire
January 31, 2018, 9:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Assuming Kean either starts or is on the bench then one of Matt, Vernam, DJ, Jackson, or Wilks won’t even make the bench ....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barry on Humberside

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.