7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 31, 2018, 12:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Put Barry in charge for the rest of the season  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 60
lee65
January 31, 2018, 12:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Barry for SLO??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
TownSNAFU5
January 31, 2018, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
It deeply saddens me that Barry (and many other loyal Town fans) have so many good qualities and yet we are so badly let down by the dross at the top.  

Strangely,  the person who first springs to mind who epitimises the failings at the top is that arrogant, wind-bag accountant who insulted the fans at the Fans Forum. A Fenty man. Looking back, that night was a blueprint for the Club to fail from then on.

A fish rots from the head first.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
mirrorballman
January 31, 2018, 1:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It deeply saddens me that Barry (and many other loyal Town fans) have so many good qualities and yet we are so badly let down by the dross at the top.  

Strangely,  the person who first springs to mind who epitimises the failings at the top is that arrogant, wind-bag accountant who insulted the fans at the Fans Forum. A Fenty man. Looking back, that night was a blueprint for the Club to fail from then on.

A fish rots from the head first.  

Just listening back to it and I'm pretty sure it was Barry that Marley tells to 'shut up' at the forum. How telling and fitting is that?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
BottesfordMariner
January 31, 2018, 5:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I know Baz. And i know how much he cares about the club.

I agree with everything he said there and i think most fans who listen to that will agree as well.

The club is the perfect advert for how NOT to run a club. A de facto Chairman who for me has no business running the club. The list of bad decisions is endless. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see Slade has run out of ideas and simply cannot change our fortunes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.  He should have gone at least a couple of weeks ago to give someone else half a chance to change personnel /tactics.

Whats going to happen now if Town lose on Saturday (distinctly possible if not probable) and then the next game and then the next......by the time he's gone it will be too late.

barely 18 months ago we finally got ourselves out of the non-league abyss. It was a chance to move forward and take the club to where we think we should be. 3K season tickets. the feel good factor......Town were back.

Fast forward and 3 managers later we have regressed. The results are excrement...the football is really excrement . Fans are staying away in their droves. People have lost faith in the manager  the team and the board.  I know
ST holders who arent coming anymore. I am having to drag myself along and it may not be too long before i too say I've had enough of this garbage.

What feel good factor? Well JF and the board ...a right old intercourse up.

JF...you were a businessman. If someone you had employed had a track record like yours you would have got shot of therm ages ago. Go now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
Marinerz93
January 31, 2018, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

I agree with everything he said there and i think most fans who listen to that will agree as well.

The club is the perfect advert for how NOT to run a club. A de facto Chairman who for me has no business running the club. The list of bad decisions is endless. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see Slade has run out of ideas and simply cannot change our fortunes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.  He should have gone at least a couple of weeks ago to give someone else half a chance to change personnel /tactics.

Whats going to happen now if Town lose on Saturday (distinctly possible if not probable) and then the next game and then the next......by the time he's gone it will be too late.

barely 18 months ago we finally got ourselves out of the non-league abyss. It was a chance to move forward and take the club to where we think we should be. 3K season tickets. the feel good factor......Town were back.

Fast forward and 3 managers later we have regressed. The results are excrement...the football is really excrement . Fans are staying away in their droves. People have lost faith in the manager  the team and the board.  I know
ST holders who arent coming anymore. I am having to drag myself along and it may not be too long before i too say I've had enough of this garbage.

JF...you were a businessman. If someone you had employed had a track record like yours you would have got shot of therm ages ago. Go now.

Great post BottesfordMariner, but you have to ask yourself, has the product been devalued  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
MuddyWaters
January 31, 2018, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Very good post.

The thing that many need to understand is that this isn't Slade's fault. He is merely another in a long line of managers of varying capabilities that have failed at GTFC. It begs the question as to what happens post-appointment regarding the promise of funds & staffing etc. and are all the managers denied what they want- famously Hurst - and the penny pinching starts.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
BottesfordMariner
January 31, 2018, 6:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Very good post.

The thing that many need to understand is that this isn't Slade's fault. He is merely another in a long line of managers of varying capabilities that have failed at GTFC. It begs the question as to what happens post-appointment regarding the promise of funds & staffing etc. and are all the managers denied what they want- famously Hurst - and the penny pinching starts.

The budget may be beyond Slades control.

BUT the total lack of tactical nous and in game management is entirely down to Slade. The man has cheated a good living out of the game for too long. To describe his career as mediocre is being kind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2018, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,657
Gold Stars: 234

The budget may be beyond Slades control.

BUT the total lack of tactical nous and in game management is entirely down to Slade. The man has cheated a good living out of the game for too long. To describe his career as mediocre is being kind.

I think you are being a tad harsh there. He got us to a play off final, Yeovil to a play off final playing great football, and I believe he was league 1's manager of the year twice. Not a fantastic career, but certainly not the worst.

Everything wrong with the club can be laid at Fenty's door. Managers come and go, players come and go but the regime is stale, rotten and well ready for change but sadly no change will be forthcoming.  
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
arryarryarry
January 31, 2018, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

I think you are being a tad harsh there. He got us to a play off final, Yeovil to a play off final playing great football, and I believe he was league 1's manager of the year twice. Not a fantastic career, but certainly not the worst.

Everything wrong with the club can be laid at Fenty's door. Managers come and go, players come and go but the regime is stale, rotten and well ready for change but sadly no change will be forthcoming.  

While he is guilty of many things that have happened to this club, did he sign Hooper, Kelly, Dixon, Woolford etc. some of the worst players seen at BP for quite a few seasons.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barry on Humberside

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.