Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Vote of Confidence poll (GTFC Board)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 254 Guests

Do you have confidence in the GTFC board?
Yes
No
  View Results 192 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence poll (GTFC Board)

This thread currently has 6,174 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2018, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Nothing against the Trust-appointed director but when the other three can only muster £5k of shares between them and one of them has now shown his true colours, then they can only be there to support rather than challenge the major shareholder.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
January 30, 2018, 5:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
I like that nice little man DAY who is a solicitor I think,

Marley is rude but does the accounts and little else,

The other bloke who is a horse trainer is only there to give the others tips,

The Trust bloke is not allowed to report back to us so what's the point,

As for our non chairman I think I have said enough about him in the past.

So you can guess how I voted .

You know - after 15 years of mostly floundering or failing as a football club - it seems fair to ask: who exactly is/are the footballing brain(s) on the board?

If the answer's a fishmonger we're in trouble......

Reply: 11 - 35
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2018, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137

You know - after 15 years of mostly floundering or failing as a football club - it seems fair to ask: who exactly is/are the footballing brain(s) on the board?

If the answer's a fishmonger we're in trouble......

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker anyone?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Marinerz93
January 30, 2018, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
1. One's a solicitor - How many court cases have we won / lost, how many shares does he have
2. One's an accountant - How many new investors has he won / lost, how many shares does he have
3. One's a horse trainer - So what does he do to improve the club, how many shares does he have
4. Ones a fish merchant who sold his business - his record speaks for itself, how many shares does he have and how much do we owe him in benign loans

What does Flemming actually do?

Why don't we have a chairman?

SACK THE BOARD!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2018, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
1. One's a solicitor - How many court cases have we won / lost, how many shares does he have
2. One's an accountant - How many new investors has he won / lost, how many shares does he have
3. One's a horse trainer - So what does he do to improve the club, how many shares does he have
4. Ones a fish merchant who sold his business - his record speaks for itself, how many shares does he have and how much do we owe him in benign loans

What does Flemming actually do?

Why don't we have a chairman?

SACK THE BOARD!

1. £2500 2. £2000 3. £500 4. £975000 & around £2.2 million
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
denni266
January 30, 2018, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Peanuts  just peanuts in football terms.. how do you become a director for  a pittance  £500 ?????? costs more for a season ticket and drinks / pies for a season , should be ashamed
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
toontown
January 30, 2018, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
£500 in shares and a director - that does seem very odd, it isnt like he is bringing a skill set we need to the table as far as i can tell. Surely it would need more in shares than that to justify a spot on the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
lee65
January 30, 2018, 6:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Well, the result is going to be obvious, and for the record I said “no”

I would like to say I have no axe to grind with JF, I may not agree with him on occasion, but he is probably at his wits end currently and at a really low point.
He has put substantial funds in to the club, and I genuinely believe done what he thinks to be for the best.

What the fans forum showed me is that JF has no credible support on the board to help and guide him in difficult times.
Rude, outdated yes men who offer (in my opinion) little in terms of knowledge, communication skills, business nous, empathy with the fans, or (if reports are true) little or no cash backing

However, I’m not sure what the alternative is currently?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
MuddyWaters
January 30, 2018, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from toontown
£500 in shares and a director - that does seem very odd, it isnt like he is bringing a skill set we need to the table as far as i can tell. Surely it would need more in shares than that to justify a spot on the board

Don't shoot the messenger!

All on the accounts, see link below, I can only assume that I've been red-crossed because someone doesn't like me getting my facts right.

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/GTFC%20Accounts%202017.pdf
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
toontown
January 30, 2018, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Approval: +6,158
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't shoot the messenger!

All on the accounts, see link below, I can only assume that I've been red-crossed because someone doesn't like me getting my facts right.

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/GTFC%20Accounts%202017.pdf

I certainly didnt red cross you, and am not in any way having a go at you. You make a good point.

I do vaguely remember seeing that before and thinking it was odd at the time. Perhaps the hope was that he may, through his occupation, be involved with individuals of high net worth who may be interested in spending some of it on football and he could point them Town's way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Vote of Confidence poll (GTFC Board)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.