2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
January 30, 2018, 5:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
First and foremost massive respect to any town fan travelling to Yeovil today, I hope to god Fenty, maybe slade or maybe steve wraith have dipped in their own pockets and provided free transport for those loyal supporters making the journey, the foremost being it's an impossible bit of hope. I was hoping yesterday would of brought some glimmer back to BP by hearing an announcement of Slade being sacked but in all theory any other manager would of been given the boot straight away and he is here for the long run by the looks.

All I want to do is go back to supporting the club I fecking love, its draining me not going and hearing constant bad vibes with fans, but as well as the club not having a backbone it's us fans that are showing that too, week in week out not satisfied with the clubs state, performance etc etc and what do we do......absolute zero. I'll say it again and again but if we want slade to go, we should demo about it, hitting the club in the pocket isn't a good thing and seems to be falling on def ears.

Up the Mariners, safe journey to Yeovil.
Logged Offline
Private Message
A.l.f.
January 30, 2018, 7:20am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
I planned to go to Yeovil as its one of the few grounds i'd not visited.  I was positive on boxing day that with a push we could maybe make the playoffs if our football improved and we played with a more attacking threat.  After Saturday's dreadful tactics after Luton went down to ten men, i've lost all faith in our Manager as he seems unwilling to take the game to the opposition and cannot justify taking an afternoon and morning off work and a hotel stay to go tonight.  I was disappointed when i saw the team on Saturday and surprised that we did not go 4-4-2 after the sending off, amazed that there was no change in formation at the start of the 2nd half and flabbergasted how long it took to bring Mallik Wilks on.
I will continue to support my team but i like many others feel the club is turning toxic and the fun and feel good feeling has all but gone.
We have enough decent players to avoid relegation  hopefully but not sure where we go from here.  We sign players and then don't play them,  players after loans don't want to come back and our wide players do not see enough of the ball.  I'm no expert but on Saturday i really feel i could have managed the team better and that is a really concerning thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
OneLove
January 30, 2018, 8:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from A.l.f.
I planned to go to Yeovil as its one of the few grounds i'd not visited.  I was positive on boxing day that with a push we could maybe make the playoffs if our football improved and we played with a more attacking threat.  After Saturday's dreadful tactics after Luton went down to ten men, i've lost all faith in our Manager as he seems unwilling to take the game to the opposition and cannot justify taking an afternoon and morning off work and a hotel stay to go tonight.  I was disappointed when i saw the team on Saturday and surprised that we did not go 4-4-2 after the sending off, amazed that there was no change in formation at the start of the 2nd half and flabbergasted how long it took to bring Mallik Wilks on.
I will continue to support my team but i like many others feel the club is turning toxic and the fun and feel good feeling has all but gone.
We have enough decent players to avoid relegation  hopefully but not sure where we go from here.  We sign players and then don't play them,  players after loans don't want to come back and our wide players do not see enough of the ball.  I'm no expert but on Saturday i really feel i could have managed the team better and that is a really concerning thing.

I agree with you too, I had a slight nudge of faith in town getting a result on saturday but then seeing the team me hopes dashed. There is a squad that is capable of playing good football amongst us, I for one could pick a team and tactic that would work it better than slade, I haven't a clue how he is managing a career out of football still.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Les Brechin
January 30, 2018, 9:29am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from OneLove
First and foremost massive respect to any town fan travelling to Yeovil today, I hope to god Fenty, maybe slade or maybe steve wraith have dipped in their own pockets and provided free transport for those loyal supporters making the journey, the foremost being it's an impossible bit of hope. I was hoping yesterday would of brought some glimmer back to BP by hearing an announcement of Slade being sacked but in all theory any other manager would of been given the boot straight away and he is here for the long run by the looks.

All I want to do is go back to supporting the club I fecking love, its draining me not going and hearing constant bad vibes with fans, but as well as the club not having a backbone it's us fans that are showing that too, week in week out not satisfied with the clubs state, performance etc etc and what do we do......absolute zero. I'll say it again and again but if we want slade to go, we should demo about it, hitting the club in the pocket isn't a good thing and seems to be falling on def ears.

Why on earth should Steve Wraith dip into his own pocket. He's just a long standing employee of the club. I've been in my job for over 35 years now, should I dip into my pocket to provide our customers transport to and from our shop?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2018, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Unless I can get a lift, I can't be that bothered either! And it's localish for me

And yes Les, you won the lottery after all! 😋

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
The Grim Reaper
January 30, 2018, 9:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
I'm going, i don't care about the money for travelling, tickets, i just want to be there to support my team. I'm not bothered about politics, i won't be influenced by other people's opinions.

We've all seen the ups & downs over the years and we will do so again.

Supporting the MIghty Mariners through thick & thin for over 30 years.  

UTM

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Les Brechin
January 30, 2018, 9:53am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Unless I can get a lift, I can't be that bothered either! And it's localish for me

And yes Les, you won the lottery after all! 😋

Yeah. Unfortunately a 20th share of a 10 grand win over 2 years ago, didn't really break the bank though.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
January 30, 2018, 9:59am
Guest User
All I wanted for Christmas was a DJi Spark.  My wife, SantaFerrers’ thankfully took the hint and duly delivered.  Great bit of kit, without leaving my garden I can fly it over the local park and watch 10 minutes of football.  Tremendous.

Edit:  Forgot to mention, please don’t try this in Grimsby.  Even at the upper end of the CE height regulations, the risk of being knocked out of the sky is simply too great.
Reply: 7 - 12
RoboCod
January 30, 2018, 10:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
I'm going, i don't care about the money for travelling, tickets, i just want to be there to support my team. I'm not bothered about politics, i won't be influenced by other people's opinions.

We've all seen the ups & downs over the years and we will do so again.

Supporting the MIghty Mariners through thick & thin for over 30 years*.

UTM

*Apart from when they get fat...(cough)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
ginnywings
January 30, 2018, 10:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from OneLove

Nothing to stop you.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All I wanted for Christmas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.