Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wake up every morning.....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 225 Guests

I wake up every morning.....

This thread currently has 825 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
January 29, 2018, 10:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
.....hoping beyond hope that there has been a seismic change at BP with the board gone, new investors / Trust lined up to take over and work in partnership, and our management team away. I don't pray for Town to get gubbed 5-0 as the result against Yeovil or any other team for that matter is irrelevant. We have an absolutely appalling current record and in any other walk of life there would either have to be a dramatic improvement of the people concerned - in our case Slade and Wilkinson - or the P45 would be ready and waiting. Unfortunately, our board and in particular our non chairman, have history in such matters. Appointing wallopers to the job, sitting back and watching the carnage develop, and criticise any fan who has the temerity to be critical, seem to be par for the course.

Let's have a quick look - only quick because it's too painful to linger over. Ten games back we were sitting on the edge of the play offs after successive wins against Barnet and Chletenham, although perhaps the writing was already on the wall by then as the previous 6 games had seen 5 of them goal less. Since then we have had 9 games, bringing a total of just 3 points - that's an average of a third of a point per game - and just three goals, an average of a third of a goal per game. There's a worrying symmetry developing here Mr Fenty. Over those last 15 games though we have found the net in only 5 games, again a third of all the games played, and more worryingly, failed to score at all in 11 of them. That's not bad luck, that's not down to injuries, it's down to team selection, poor tactics, and an unwavering faith in the management team showed by the board.

I've studied football for longer than I care to remember, and  there is nearly always one team - unexpectedly - who goes into freefall each season and gets relegated from their respective leagues. I'm seriously concerned that Grimsby Town have the capacity to be that team in our league this year. I don't want this to happen, but I am seriously disillusioned by the attitude of the board, of the manager and his post match statements that aspire to the delusional at best. FFS, don't let this happen again Mr Fenty, please.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wake up every morning.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.