4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 10:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
The silence is deafening from all quarters GTFC.

No news on RS IN/OUT and certainly no news on backing him in the transfer market.

Transfer deadline day looms

Dembele/Jones are they staying/leaving if the later do we have suitable replacements lined up and do we trust Slade/Wilkinson to spend any money wisely?

Getyourfactsright

Well overdue a statement or at the very least a rant from him.Have you given up John?

Mariner`s Trust

In my opinion massive pressure on them to get behind either the board/manager or the growing band of fans who want rid of both? They won`t be able to sit on the fence for much longer I`m afraid and next home game if we carry on as is will be the most hostile in a long time and the Trust could easily get caught with a backlash of frustration.This is assuming anyone bothers attending given weve lost 4 on the bounce at home?

Media

Due to the recent spats with Lowther and Dean all parties seem reluctant to ask questions and when I say questions I mean the right ones.

Possible Relegation

Big week this for GTFC and once it ends will that gap at the bottom have shrunk further.Town have a good number of points and I have hope we will do enough to get over the line BUT it`s looking like a tight finish so fasten your seatbelts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
realist
January 29, 2018, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
I agree, the silence is worrying. After a week of sustained criticism  either he or Sonik would have had a rant at the fans by now, but absolutely nothing. Have they given up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Badger57
January 29, 2018, 11:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
They probably know they've lost the fans, well at least most of us here on The Fishy, so there's no point in trying to bullshit us anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
friskneymariner
January 29, 2018, 11:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from realist
I agree, the silence is worrying. After a week of sustained criticism  either he or Sonik would have had a rant at the fans by now, but absolutely nothing. Have they given up?

Reality bites.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Badger57
January 29, 2018, 11:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Oops! Did I say bullshit us? Sorry I meant, talk us round with well reasoned arguments. Sorry!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
GrimRob
January 29, 2018, 11:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I can't believe he is still here. 4 home wins by the end of January. It's simply not acceptable. I could live with it if we were in a higher division and the opposition was that much tougher but I think the very least we can expect is double figures in the games won column at home come the end of the season.

The current side is undoubtedly inferior to the one which got promoted and yet our wage bill is (I presume) much higher.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 33
chaos33
January 29, 2018, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I thought this was going to be a link to YouTube of the song 'well I wonder', by The Smiths, which is marginally more upbeat than this thread (not much in it though). Disappointed.

Can't say I see the need for any board announcements myself, nor any goading of JF,  and equally I can't say I understand the reference to The Trust copping a backlash??

Results this week are decisive IMO. Actions speak louder than words.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 11:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
I can't believe he is still here. 4 home wins by the end of January. It's simply not acceptable. I could live with it if we were in a higher division and the opposition was that much tougher but I think the very least we can expect is double figures in the games won column at home come the end of the season.

The current side is undoubtedly inferior to the one which got promoted and yet our wage bill is (I presume) much higher.

This and you being one of the more reasoned and patient supporters Rob it`s pretty scathing you have also wanted change for the last few weeks.
WTF is going on if the statement the other week was the vote of confidence they quickly need to issue a further statement holding their paws up admitting they backed the wrong horse and sack the clown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 11:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
I thought this was going to be a link to YouTube of the song 'well I wonder', by The Smiths, which is marginally more upbeat than this thread (not much in it though).

Can't say I see the need for any board announcements myself, nor any goading of JF,  and equally I can't say I understand the reference to The Trust copping a backlash??

Results this week are decisive IMO. Actions speak louder than words.

Disappointed. excellent Moz B side by the way.

No goading of JF he generally gives it the big un when he feels like it but unusually quiet given the flak flying .

The Trust reference (who let me be clear I back 100%) is due to I have noticed here and elsewhere seem to be coming in for some sniping loosely along the lines of what side of the fence they sit on. Clearly if you look at their position and being on the board taken into account they sit between a rock and a hard place in appeasing both parties.This will only get worse in my opinion as nailed on the next home game or the one after will see a protest of some sort and probably the largest since Bill Carr was knifed in the back.

Sadly even positive results this week will only paper over the cracks it`s gone past that. 2-3 quality signings would help all parties and at least get a positive vibe going but this time next week it will be STILL ILL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
AdamHaddock
January 29, 2018, 11:57am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
I must have missed it but what happened with Lowther?

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well I wonder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.