Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cup record since league return
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 403 Guests

Cup record since league return

This thread currently has 3,081 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
January 29, 2018, 9:41am
Guest User
I've just had a look at the last two seasons cup results. Just the two FA Cup games, two league cup games and six Checkatrade trophy games.

You'll see our record is a remarkable tale of absolute failure. Even after drawing a couple of games in the Checkatrade, we went on to lose both games on penalties. I could have been harsh and gone for a proper 0/10. What an absolute joke this once great club has become.

Played 10

Won 0
Drawn 2 (both Checkatrade games, went on to lose both on penalties)
Lost 8
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 9:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Cheers BP. I'm depressed enough over the league form.

It's so fooking joyless being a Town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Abdul19
January 29, 2018, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
To be fair, the 4 proper matches were against clubs in a higher division and the other 6 don't really count anyway (although the 4 proper clubs we played were also in a higher division). I'd say the general running of the club and the current league form is more indicative of the club becoming a joke than some cup matches we weren't likely to win anyway.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
January 29, 2018, 9:53am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Cheers BP. I'm depressed enough over the league form.

It's so fooking joyless being a Town fan.

No worries mate, always happy to depress you on Monday mornings!
Reply: 3 - 19
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 9:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Abdul19
To be fair, the 4 proper matches were against clubs in a higher division and the other 6 don't really count anyway (although the 4 proper clubs we played were also in a higher division). I'd say the general running of the club and the current league form is more indicative of the club becoming a joke than some cup matches we weren't likely to win anyway.

Yeah, but teams from lower divisions beat teams from higher ones all the time, except us of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Abdul19
January 29, 2018, 10:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Pfff, we beat Tranmere in 2008

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 10:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
urine poor and reference the footballing fortune and how it can galvanize a Club were missing out big style. I know the Scunny and Hudds home games a few years back felt like proper good cup ties and the crowds were great and Town got some much needed revenue.The draw hasn`t been kind but like with a lot of things we must try harder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 10:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 1mickylyons
urine poor and reference the footballing fortune and how it can galvanize a Club were missing out big style. I know the Scunny and Hudds home games a few years back felt like proper good cup ties and the crowds were great and Town got some much needed revenue.The draw hasn`t been kind but like with a lot of things we must try harder.

Plymouth away wasn't too taxing, but once again we lose 1-0. Can't even manage a draw and bring them back here, with a chance to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
GrimRob
January 29, 2018, 12:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
No matter how bad it gets I shudder at the thought on having to take part in the FA Trophy again. It has to be the most annoying, intrusive tournament ever invented. And irritatingly we tended to do rather well in it every season  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 19
oldun
January 29, 2018, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
What is the point of this? Other than to add more depression to the atmosphere.m,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cup record since league return

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.