HertsGTFC
January 28, 2018, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The most likely scenario where a new club came about would be if GTFC went into liquidation. There would be nothing stopping the new club being known as Grimsby Town Football Club. It might need some thing like '2019' in brackets in the company name though.

So if the current club went into liquidation any assets would be sold so in essence GTFC 2019 would be left with park players. I think the topic of this thread is as likely to happen as Peaks Parkway.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2018, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So if the current club went into liquidation any assets would be sold so in essence GTFC 2019 would be left with park players. I think the topic of this thread is as likely to happen as Peaks Parkway.  

Aye. That unlikely.

But I wouldn't rule it out. Whether as a result of benign loans becoming malignant or through some Mickey Mouse takeover, like Pompey have voted for, going mammaries up. I think there'd be Town fans who wanted to revive the club. And there'd be enough backing I reckon to storm through the lower non-League levels.

In the Summer of 2002 I went to a pre-season friendly at Sutton. There were 6000 in the ground that evening. Mainly to see a new club that had just been formed and had only started trials on some south London park 2 weeks before, and had no ground of its own. That club overtook us in 2011 and have got planning permission and funding in place to build their own ground close to where the old club used to be based.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
AndyDarloFC
January 29, 2018, 4:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
We were forced to take the name of Darlington 1883 (year we were founded) in summer 2012 when we got demoted.

The FA classed us as a new club, but still expected us to take on the debts of the 'old' club whilst we took on the clubs badge etc.

Took us 5 years to reclaim the name Darlington FC.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Afc Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.