Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › IF....Slade Departs this week....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 354 Guests

IF....Slade Departs this week....

This thread currently has 3,671 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
January 28, 2018, 12:22pm
Guest User
I really do hope that the Club listen to the fans and relieve
RS of his duties with immediate effect. I do also believe that there will still be an awful lot of people hoping that JF follows him. We have to be careful what we wish for though as, his departure will bring along an enormous amount of uncertainty with it too. I’m not convinced that is a gamble I would like to take at this present time. It could even lead to administration.

I really do hope that IF RS gets the boot, the fans all start to pull in the same direction. Whilst I didn’t enjoy the Non-League years, it has to be said that the ‘Community’ of the Club was extremely good. We had some rough times but, all in all, there was a togetherness that I have not witnessed in my 40+ years of supporting the Mariners!!

IF he goes, let’s make a conscious effort to ‘Pack the Park’ and get the buzz back around the place!! We all love this Club and that is why we are all hurting at the moment, GTFC is what we all have in common.

Let’s get this GTFC Train back on track!!!

UTM
All Town aren’t we......
Clap, Clap, Clap, FISH!!!!!........
January 28, 2018, 3:08pm
Guest User
‘All Town aren’t we’.  Now who regularly puts that at the end of his posts?  Just a wild guess here but it couldn’t possibly be someone getting his brother to set the scene could it?

Here’s hoping
Reply: 1 - 12
friskneymariner
January 28, 2018, 3:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Please John do the decent thing and sack him,we can then all unite and re-ignite the optimism of Operation Promotion,if you don't this club will only spiral into terminal decline.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
January 28, 2018, 3:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from 139914
‘All Town aren’t we’.  Now who regularly puts that at the end of his posts?  Just a wild guess here but it couldn’t possibly be someone getting his brother to set the scene could it?

Here’s hoping

Not sure who you think this is but, i really don’t think you’re right.

Sad though when the only remaining optimism at the Club centres around the dismissal of the Manager!! I really hoped those rumours were true but it would appear that it was a prank!! Not a good one, I might add!!
Reply: 3 - 12
Cloudy
January 28, 2018, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from friskneymariner
Please John do the decent thing and sack him,we can then all unite and re-ignite the optimism orf Operation Promotion,if you don't this club will only spiral into terminal decline.

The 'worst' think that ever happened to the club according to someone!!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
January 29, 2018, 2:13pm
Guest User
Not looking good is it? I was really hoping that something would come out today and there would be substance in the Rumours!
Reply: 5 - 12
January 29, 2018, 2:23pm
Guest User
Isnt there normally a press conference the day before a match? Nothing today seemingly…
Reply: 6 - 12
January 29, 2018, 2:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from 935
Isnt there normally a press conference the day before a match? Nothing today seemingly…

Good point!! Choosing to ignore the fans and media because they can’t deal with the direct questions. I think it’s absolutely criminal that he still has a job!!! He would only say that Jones (sickness bug = transferred) and Dembele (absent from training = signing elsewhere) and how we can turn a corner!!!!

This relationship is only going to go one way and is totally irreconcilable between RS and the fans. Despite some of the hostilities towards JF, I still think there’s a way back....IF you listen to the entire town and let him go!!!
Reply: 7 - 12
cleethorpes_mariner
January 29, 2018, 3:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from 935

Yes but its not normally on the website till later in the day, sometimes its 7pm onwards on a Monday for a tue game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Marinerz93
January 29, 2018, 3:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1542

Good point!! Choosing to ignore the fans and media because they can’t deal with the direct questions. I think it’s absolutely criminal that he still has a job!!! He would only say that Jones (sickness bug = transferred) and Dembele (absent from training = signing elsewhere) and how we can turn a corner!!!!

This relationship is only going to go one way and is totally irreconcilable between RS and the fans. Despite some of the hostilities towards JF, I still think there’s a way back....IF you listen to the entire town and let him go!!!

I don't think there is a way back for Fenty he has caused all this, in fact this is just the peanut on a massive dump that he has created over the last decade or so. In fact it's that big of a excrement it should have bells and whistles on it to warn shipping.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
bradzmilne
January 29, 2018, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
As the hours tick by, the reality is becoming more and more real that he's going to be here tomorrow night.

Was going to drive to Yeovil but ram that if thats the case.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 29, 2018, 4:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Presume that the team would've travelled down first thing in the morning, or even today to stay overnight. There would've been mention of him going yesterday so I now believe it's too late for anything to happen before tomorrow's game

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Tommy
January 29, 2018, 11:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
The team travelled down earlier today. Nothing to see here.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › IF....Slade Departs this week....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.