ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 4:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 139914

Hmm, I find it hard to be critical of the trust beyond your reference above to board membership, they are after all fans who give time freely  I was originally an annual member but had an opposing view over the Mike Parker shares situation.

A little thought to get the fingers of the Red Cross brigade twitching.  Amongst the trust members and POTENTIAL members, there must be accountants, hr managers, business development managers, recruitment consultants and all of the other necessary tools to run an effective lobby group.  How many trust members are there and does a ‘lifetime membership’ for a nominal fee really show intent to generate sustainable income?

Toying with numbers, perhaps there are sufficient members/potential members who are prepared to donate sufficient funds as individuals which would accumulate a total value that could actually make an impact.  Say for example an average £330 from 3,000 people.  Supported by a clear remit that the £1m generated would be invested in the club in exchange for the removal of the benign loans.  

So, in effect, i would have to buy two season tickets, along with another 2999 fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
oochiad
January 28, 2018, 4:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Everybody sees things differently. As much as I am unhappy with Slade I shall still be going to see town as I always will. We haven’t a bad team and you have to be honest with ourselves that we are certainly down with luck and the rub of the green. I truly believe we will get enough results to be comfortable. I go to the match week on week out with my 84 year dad. We discussed what we would be doing next year as I wanted to know his thoughts. We’ll be renewing our season tickets. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Bigdog
January 28, 2018, 4:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from malkamalka
I have only one thing to say on the current situation and it's that WHATEVER is happening, people WANTING the team to lose are not real supporters of the football club!

If I knew Slade was going to get the sack if we lost at Yeovil, I would take that single defeat in a heartbeat. I would sacrifice three points in one game for the greater chance of more points over the rest of the season..

Sadly, it looks like RS seems unsackable, so I'll still be hoping for three points on Tuesday..

And I'm a real supporter who only wants the best for the club in both the short and more importantly, the long term..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2018, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from oochiad
Everybody sees things differently. As much as I am unhappy with Slade I shall still be going to see town as I always will. We haven’t a bad team and you have to be honest with ourselves that we are certainly down with luck and the rub of the green. I truly believe we will get enough results to be comfortable. I go to the match week on week out with my 84 year dad. We discussed what we would be doing next year as I wanted to know his thoughts. We’ll be renewing our season tickets. UTM

I agree - even if I didn't want to go, my son, who has autism, would insist we go. All that said, it doesn't stop me from thinking that the club stinks from the very top down.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
January 28, 2018, 5:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

So, in effect, i would have to buy two season tickets, along with another 2999 fans?

Appreciate that I don’t have 10,000 posts which in fishy language would make my points more valid.  No, in effect I’m questioning whether we have 3,000 people who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is to drive change.  I work on the basis that if you don’t ask the question you’ll never know the answer.
Reply: 34 - 38
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 5:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Not sure what post counts have to do with anything, except a veiled dig.  

Your figures are remarkably close to total season ticket sales and price, so it wasn't stretch to think that is what you were getting at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
FishOutOfWater
January 28, 2018, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Bigdog

If I knew Slade was going to get the sack if we lost at Yeovil, I would take that single defeat in a heartbeat. I would sacrifice three points in one game for the greater chance of more points over the rest of the season..

Sadly, it looks like RS seems unsackable, so I'll still be hoping for three points on Tuesday..

And I'm a real supporter who only wants the best for the club in both the short and more importantly, the long term..

Would you take a 3-1 away win for Town followed by our manager being sacked?

Wouldn't be the first time Fenty has pulled that one out of the hat  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 38
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2018, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Would you take a 3-1 away win for Town followed by our manager being sacked?

Wouldn't be the first time Fenty has pulled that one out of the hat  

Well, after the alleged fall out with Bignot, The Captains Table closed down, after the press conference fall out with Nigel Lowther the Chronicle cloesd down, so if he falls out with Slade, will the club close down?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
friskneymariner
January 28, 2018, 6:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Bet Fred?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A question for the fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.