Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A question for the fans
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

A question for the fans

This thread currently has 4,513 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
January 28, 2018, 10:52am
Guest User
I’m talking to the fans who continue to provide support to the club through buying tickets and merchandise.  I must speak as an outsider amongst many who simply refuse to pay disproportionate prices for non-entertainment arising out of Fentys continued mistakes.

He won’t sell the club, it’s worth nothing but he thinks it is.  Face facts, there is no buyer and nobody will invest while he remains.  If we want a club we have to accept that we may have to go backwards.  If you want change then you have to be prepared to make sacrifices.  It’s fairly obvious that Fenty takes the supporters for granted, time to force his hand.  Debt doesn’t kill business but cashflow does, stop spending your cash on Fentys mistakes.  Every season ticket sale, every burger, every shirt, every pint, every home match ticket is simply endorsing his failure.  

So the question is (thanks Ginny), are you prepared to act to save your club?

Enough is enough, vote with your feet and wallets!!
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 10:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
So what is the question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
DaleGTFC
January 28, 2018, 10:59am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 2
This is the club I love

No matter who is the manager or the chairman I will not stop spending money to hurt the club in any way shape or form.

John reads TheFishy so I will air my views here, that is enough. I hope he is aware many season ticket holders will not return next season with this man in charge.

Why are we waiting John?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
grimsby pete
January 28, 2018, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
So what is the question?

No idea BUT  the answer is  42.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
Guest User
Sorry, I thought it was obvious, edited.
Reply: 4 - 38
Bigdog
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I don't like the idea of boycotts for league games especially with Football League status on the line..

Dream scenario..

JF sacks Slade today and puts out a statement saying he's writing off the loans to make an imminent public declaration of putting the club up for sale and making it a more attractive proposition. He promises to resign at the end of the season, club sold or not, if the fans come back, get behind the team and help to ensure survival.

Like I said dream scenario, but also becoming more and more the most feasible and viable option to save the club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
January 28, 2018, 11:03am
Guest User
Quoted from DaleGTFC
This is the club I love

No matter who is the manager or the chairman I will not stop spending money to hurt the club in any way shape or form.

John reads TheFishy so I will air my views here, that is enough. I hope he is aware many season ticket holders will not return next season with this man in charge.

Why are we waiting John?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I commend your loyalty.
Reply: 6 - 38
January 28, 2018, 11:08am
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog
I don't like the idea of boycotts for league games especially with Football League status on the line..

Dream scenario..

JF sacks Slade today and puts out a statement saying he's writing off the loans to make an imminent public declaration of putting the club up for sale and making it a more attractive proposition. He promises to resign at the end of the season, club sold or not, if the fans come back, get behind the team and help to ensure survival.

Like I said dream scenario, but also becoming more and more the most viable option to save the club..

Just to be sure, I didn’t start the thread as an opportunity to post needy replies to every response but your post deserves a reply.  Your dream scenario is the same as mine and no doubt the same as many.  But it won’t happen without action I’m afraid.

Reply: 7 - 38
mariner91
January 28, 2018, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Fenty has shown time after time that he is incapable of making well informed decisions and he's completely incapable of judging the feeling amongst the fans. But surely even he is capable of seeing that if Slade is in charge for the foreseeable future, we risk our immediate status as a FL club and after that we risk ST sales next season being less than half what they currently are. Come on John, we know you're reading it. Put your ego to the side, take one on the chin and do the right thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 11:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Yes, i am prepared to act to save my club. The question really, is what does that entail?

I can't see how everyone staying away will achieve that. If you are hoping it will force out JF, then what happens after that? If you are hoping it will force out Slade, who's to say a new manager would turn it around?

All i'm concerned about at the moment is not falling any further down the table, then we can take stock in April. Already paid for my season ticket, so i'm looking as far as the end of the season. We now have a run of games that are more than winnable, so that should be the sole focus of the club right now. If the board decide bringing in a new manager will help in that regard, then so be it. If they don't, then we will see how it pans out. Not much else we can do at the moment. Supporting a lower league club is never a smooth path. I've seen worse teams than this one before.

I think Slade was the wrong choice of manager, because he was never going to get any leeway should things go pear shaped, and boy are they going pear shaped right now. If we lose the next two games though, especially the Cheltenham fixture, i think i may spontaneously combust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A question for the fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.