5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
January 28, 2018, 6:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19

The team is actually playing some decent football over recent games.  They just cannot buy a goal from anywhere and it isn’t from lack of effort.

If this was any other manager then people would be spending a lot more time bemoaning poor refereeing and bad luck hitting the woodwork instead of harping on about ancient history. He is not my ideal manager by any means but If we have problems they are not of Slade’s making, he is just trying to firefight. Have a go at the purse holder by all means but we are desperate to stay in the league. Sacking the manager like the OP wants is just ridiculous.  The people who are out there on the training ground and on the BP grass for the games need support from the supporters, the clue is in the name.

Really??-so RS is exempt from any blame in this debacle.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
January 28, 2018, 6:37pm
Guest User
I don't want Russ to be sacked, I want him to succeed. But I can't abide his football, and I don't see him changing his philosophy. Results speak for themselves, the squad isn't good enough. He has to go, but the transfer window is about to close. It's a mess alright, all of our own doing again.

One things for sure, if we were to retain Russ I definitely would not renew my season ticket.

Russ isn't the biggest issue at the club, it's time for new ownership, a fresh start and new leadership from the boardroom is vital. Thank for your efforts John Fenty but please go, and go soon.
Reply: 21 - 44
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2018, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 75
I don't want Russ to be sacked, I want him to succeed. But I can't abide his football, and I don't see him changing his philosophy. Results speak for themselves, the squad isn't good enough. He has to go, but the transfer window is about to close. It's a mess alright, all of our own doing again.

One things for sure, if we were to retain Russ I definitely would not renew my season ticket.

Russ isn't the biggest issue at the club, it's time for new ownership, a fresh start and new leadership from the boardroom is vital. Thank for your efforts John Fenty but please go, and go soon.

This, in spades. We are 15 years into the biggest rut in the club's history. It's like going down one of those roads where the potholes get bigger & the road gets narrower.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
arryarryarry
January 28, 2018, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

The team is actually playing some decent football over recent games.  They just cannot buy a goal from anywhere and it isn’t from lack of effort.

If this was any other manager then people would be spending a lot more time bemoaning poor refereeing and bad luck hitting the woodwork instead of harping on about ancient history. He is not my ideal manager by any means but If we have problems they are not of Slade’s making, he is just trying to firefight. Have a go at the purse holder by all means but we are desperate to stay in the league. Sacking the manager like the OP wants is just ridiculous.  The people who are out there on the training ground and on the BP grass for the games need support from the supporters, the clue is in the name.

I cannot really agree with the decent football comment, we have been cack against, Accrington, Crewe, Morecambe, and Newport, we weren't that good in our win against FGR.

As regards the problems not being Slade's making, who has signed most of this squad and countless strikers one not even making the match day squad being kept out by juniors?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Mrs Doyle
January 29, 2018, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One thing is certain, despite how I feel about Slade or Fenty I WILL NOT BOYCOTT MY CLUB no matter how much pleading it is a stupid idea that benefits no one.

How will those players feel?

I defy anyone that says they are not putting the effort in, the club is struggling on and off the field you either give up or fight.

How long do you kick a dog when it is down before it ceases to exist and dies.

Hopping a team beats us is PATHETIC.

GET BEHIND THE FECKING CLUB FOR THE PLAYERS AND BACKROOM STAFF IF NOTHING ELSE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
realist
January 29, 2018, 8:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
How will the players feel?  Poor little overpaid snowflakes should put some effort in.   Blind devotion is not good for either side, sometimes you have to make a stand.   I bet you are one of the happy clapper five? LOL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Mrs Doyle
January 29, 2018, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
So you think the players don't put any effort in do you even go? It is not for the lack of effort Matt ran his socks off so did Vernam.Summerfield etc in fact it was hard to find any town player who did not give it a go and put a shift in.

The fact they did not test the keeper was down to either tactics or bad decisions the best chance probably went to Mallik who with a bit more confidence in a great position would have got a shot off rather than pass it.

To me the defence and midfield look sound it's final third where we are badly lacking get that right and we will start to make progress.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
realist
January 29, 2018, 8:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I put as much effort in attending as the player do playing , which means occasionally.  I boo the player off when I have spent a large portion of my disposable income watching absolute shite. I do applaud valiant failure but that hasn't happened for years.  That does not make me any lessor of a fan, probably more of one because I want far more for my club than you are happy to accept.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
jaygy
January 29, 2018, 8:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
After seeing how Fenty got rid of Bignot it would be typical of the board to sack RS after a big win at Yeovil
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Cloudy
January 29, 2018, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I have no complaints whatsoever with the effort of the players.
I do have an issue with the lack of 'bravery' in the way the team is set up. It is far too cautious.
Not suggesting we go all out attack with 5 up front but against 10 men on Saturday we should not have persisted with a slow full back in the wing back role. It was crying out for DJ,Dembele or even Mallik from half time at the latest!! Slade just doesnt react fast enough to the game situation, not just on Saturday but in general.

I honestly think we have the players to comfortably finish in the top half but not convinced we are brave enough to go and win games. The regular comment about staying in the game is cautious rather than hitting the oppo from the opening minute. Staying in the game smacks of negativity and hands the initiative to the opponents.

Dont get me started on the size of the squad ( and the fact we played the youth team in a recent reserve game- how do you defend that
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yeovil please help us sack Mr slade Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.