January 28, 2018, 10:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ahh.......... The mystery man himself.

No the mystery man at the club must be Ian Fleming his role is more secretive than James Bond novel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2018, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from crusty ole pie

No the mystery man at the club must be Ian Fleming his role is more secretive than James Bond novel.

He could be one of the Fishy Five for all we know.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Marinerz93
January 28, 2018, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I heard allegedly that someone got one of those cardboard policemen you see in shops to deter shoplifters and photoshoped a random blokes face and clothes onto it and named him Ian Fleming, I've heard they folded him up and put him in cupboard at the back of the Osmond.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 9:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Ian Fleming was at my pow wow with JF. He's the Chief Exec and has been at GTFC for a long time i believe. Seemed to be a decent sort to me from the little time i spent with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
A lot of people have spent a long time at the Club doing what and how well is the question that needs posing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 10:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 1mickylyons
A lot of people have spent a long time at the Club doing what and how well is the question that needs posing?

I agree. We need fresh blood from the outside to look at things differently. The whole set up at Town is too one dimensional and staid. It desperately needs a shake up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
MuddyWaters
January 29, 2018, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree. We need fresh blood from the outside to look at things differently. The whole set up at Town is too one dimensional and staid. It desperately needs a shake up.

Maybe you can suggest as much when you next pop in for a pow-wow Ginny!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 10:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Having seen how the revenue has increased in the bars I wish Fenty would have the balls to set the Trust loose on increasing ST and Matchday ticket sales.If ever somebody set about flogging tickets to shift workers it would easily bring in an additional six figures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
ginnywings
January 29, 2018, 11:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe you can suggest as much when you next pop in for a pow-wow Ginny!

I'm not advocating a coup here. I just think that the board are maybe too close to it all and could do with some fresh thinking and ideas from someone not previously associated with the club. I remember going to a reserve game a few years back and seeing John Deehan there with a notepad. Think he came in as some kind of consultant, though it didn't do much good obviously. Doesn't mean it couldn't work with someone else, and maybe it would be money well spent rather than chucking it away on a never ending parade of crappy footballers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not advocating a coup here. I just think that the board are maybe too close to it all and could do with some fresh thinking and ideas from someone not previously associated with the club. I remember going to a reserve game a few years back and seeing John Deehan there with a notepad. Think he came in as some kind of consultant, though it didn't do much good obviously. Doesn't mean it couldn't work with someone else, and maybe it would be money well spent rather than chucking it away on a never ending parade of crappy footballers.

Do you own a tie somebody could wiggle if they get fed up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.