Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Let's get our facts right.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

Let's get our facts right.

This thread currently has 1,416 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2018, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Nine games without a win, an hour against 10 men, never troubled them, they change their formation & get a goal and we never posed a threat. Three centre backs against one striker for an hour. Your mate may be your mate Mr Fenty but he hasn't got a clue. I don't know what you're trying to prove but it almost looks like we're trying to get relegated.
Private Message
Hagrid
January 27, 2018, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,986
Gold Stars: 508
But he thinks we dominated and deserved 3 points. He’s actually insane
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
DaleGTFC
January 27, 2018, 6:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 2
Slade gave us no time after Cardiff, infact he couldn't wait to get out the door and take our players.

So please remind me Mr Fenty why we are giving your best mate time? Finish him off once and for all. He claims he's good with small budgets - yet has done nothing - and we all know what happened when he had a big budget.

Give him his comeuppance and fire him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
ginnywings
January 27, 2018, 6:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Hagrid
But he thinks we dominated and deserved 3 points. He’s actually insane

The possession stats will probably back him up on part of that. Trouble is, we had mostly negative possession. Never moved their defenders out of position once. Didn't get behind them, didn't rush them and didn't get them facing their own goal line. They could see and react to everything we did, because it is so slow and predictable, and it's all in front of them. That is why their keeper had no saves to make. Slade is quoting cliches, because there is no substance to his argument. Clutching at straws and his days should be numbered.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
KingstonMariner
January 27, 2018, 6:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DaleGTFC
Slade gave us no time after Cardiff, infact he couldn't wait to get out the door and take our players.

So please remind me Mr Fenty why we are giving your best mate time? Finish him off once and for all. He claims he's good with small budgets - yet has done nothing - and we all know what happened when he had a big budget.

Give him his comeuppance and fire him.

I was prepared to give both him and Fenty the benefit of the doubt in 2006 - didn't know who's version to believe on the contract negotiations. After the fans' forum,....well I certainly wouldn't trust Slade further than I can throw him, and I'm not strong and that sodomist isn't slim!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
January 27, 2018, 7:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

The possession stats will probably back him up on part of that. Trouble is, we had mostly negative possession. Never moved their defenders out of position once. Didn't get behind them, didn't rush them and didn't get them facing their own goal line. They could see and react to everything we did, because it is so slow and predictable, and it's all in front of them. That is why their keeper had no saves to make. Slade is quoting cliches, because there is no substance to his argument. Clutching at straws and his days should be numbered.

I've said for a long time, our players are too rigid. Very little interchanging, makes it easy for opponents to pick up our runs. Our midfielders don't really get beyond the safety of the centre circle. Very little positional movement, very few chances.
Reply: 5 - 6
Gaffer58
January 27, 2018, 7:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Couldn't be arsed to go today but the Sky chap at the game said once they went 1 up they produced a professional defensive game, allowed Town to have the ball in non threatening positions. So yes probably the stats show we had more possession but no where near their goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Let's get our facts right.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.