8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 27, 2018, 9:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,684
Gold Stars: 73
If we were on a good run in all honesty would have accepted we were unlucky to lose. That is based on the fact that Luton had one cleared off the line and had one other effort, so agree with RS on that one point and before commenting on town I will say if Luton are well clear at the top this has to be a very ordinary league as I thought they had a better side last year.

Despite the lack of pace defence were fine and keeper had nothing to do.

Whilst we regularly comment on our failure to score I think we are overlooking how poor our midfield is and how we totally lack any creativity from any of the players we have available which makes allowing Osbourne to leave even more crazy. Basically they stand in a pretty straight line and when one is beaten all three are regularly out the game. How was their centre half allowed to advance 40 yards without a challenge. Berrett was left for dead on more than one occasion and whilst tidy on the ball is not dynamic enough. Summerfield remains the pick but his woefully stupid challenge cost us the game today, fair play.he does not hide but we need a bit more guile if we are to create chances.

As for the front players they are far too static and from the Upper Findus you see there are many occasions when the player on the ball has no options for a simple forward pass into space as the movement is poor and players tend to just stand wanting it played to their feet even with opposition players in between them and the man with the ball, nobody basically takes responsibility. Dixon actually put in a couple of really good crosses early in the second half but we have no “Fox in the box”, in fact we regularly have nobody in the box,  just a few sheep in wolves clothing. On the other side Mills crosses were atrocious never beating the first man.

Down to ten RS should have reverted to a 4-4-2 and put Dembele & DJ wide to stretch Luton out but we played into their hands with just the one real chance created which the new guy decided to square rather then shoot which was unbelievable. Why was Dembele put down the middle?played into Luton’s hands, that said his first touch today was abysmal.

Will go next Saturday via Cheltenham but another blank will see me not bothering in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
HertsGTFC
January 27, 2018, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
If we were on a good run in all honesty would have accepted we were unlucky to lose. That is based on the fact that Luton had one cleared off the line and had one other effort, so agree with RS on that one point and before commenting on town I will say if Luton are well clear at the top this has to be a very ordinary league as I thought they had a better side last year.

Whilst we regularly comment on our failure to score I think we are overlooking how poor our midfield is and how we totally lack any creativity from any of the players we have available which makes allowing Osbourne to leave even more crazy. Basically they stand in a pretty straight line and when one is beaten all three are regularly out the game. How was their centre half allowed to advance 40 yards without a challenge. Berrett was left for dead on more than one occasion and whilst tidy on the ball is not dynamic enough. Summerfield remains the pick but his woefully stupid challenge cost us the game today, fair play.he does not hide but we need a bit more guile if we are to create chances.

As for the front players they are far too static and from the Upper Findus you see there are many occasions when the player on the ball has no options for a simple forward pass into space as the movement is poor and players tend to just stand wanting it played to their feet even with opposition players in between them and the man with the ball, nobody basically takes responsibility. Dixon actually put in a couple of really good crosses early in the second half but we have no “Fox in the box”, in fact we regularly have nobody in the box,  just a few sheep in wolves clothing. On the other side Mills crosses were atrocious never beating the first man.

Down to ten RS should have reverted to a 4-4-2 and put Dembele & DJ wide to stretch Luton out but we played into their hands with just the one real chance created which the new guy decided to square rather then shoot which was unbelievable. Why was Dembele put down the middle?played into Luton’s hands, that said his first touch today was abysmal.

Will go next Saturday via Cheltenham but another blank will see me not bothering in the future.

Exactly right!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
Mrs Doyle
January 28, 2018, 5:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

Ben Davies cleared the ball off the line.

My eyes along with most others must need checking then it was clearly their player who headed the ball the third official must have also seen it that is why the ref changed it from corner to a goal kick.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
Mrs Doyle
January 28, 2018, 6:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Osborne was determined to leave us for whatever reason you can't force a player to stay and hope he plays his best forget that one it's over.

I also think we have a glut of strikers but no natural finisher or jack in the box.

Mills and Davis were both guilty of crosses not beating the first man but even when crosses did get in the box Matt never seemed to be there.

Jamile does cause problems and flick-ons and shields the ball well but without a podge type player with him looking to feed off the scraps it all counts for nothing.

Thought Vernam may be that man he certainly has all the right tools but he seems to play too deep, he does get through some work and is very skillful just wish he could be the "jack in the box"

Mallick needs to get more game time but looks like he could be very useful but to be honest neither players are ours and never will be it's a sticking plaster hoping to hide the real problem.

In conclusion, I still honestly don't think this team is that bad I just think Slade and Wilco don't seem to get the best out of them. For all the possession we have and we do have plenty of possession we create very little and never work their keeper enough.  
I can't think of any team that as dominated us or bossed us in midfield this season, take their No. 14 out of that Luton side and they were nothing special. He was a class above everybody yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
H19P1
January 28, 2018, 7:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Sacked?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
Mrs Doyle
January 28, 2018, 7:15am
Whiskey Drinker
??? Who??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
Mendonca1995
January 28, 2018, 7:15am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
We had a Fox in the box AMOND

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
H19P1
January 28, 2018, 7:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Slade. Came across it on social media. Might be all of nothing and total crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Mrs Doyle
January 28, 2018, 7:29am
Whiskey Drinker
lol twitter/facebook rumors ok mate wishful thinking more like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
chaos33
January 28, 2018, 8:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
How many Luton fans at BP yesterday?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.