Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Week to go..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 238 Guests

Week to go..

This thread currently has 4,736 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
January 25, 2018, 2:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from GrimRob
12 points off the playoffs, wouldn't we be better saving our money for the summer now? I know we are not safe yet but it is still VERY unlikely we will even get close to going down.

Is it that unlikely? If Forest Green win their game in hand, we're only 6 points from the second relegation spot. I doubt forest green will put together much of a run, but they wouldn't have to the way we're playing. And all those teams below us are scoring more than us, which gives them a better chance of picking up points than us. Ultimately, it only takes a forest green to string a couple of results together and us to continue this rut and we're in the midst of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
mariner91
January 25, 2018, 2:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Mariner93er

Is it that unlikely? If Forest Green win their game in hand, we're only 6 points from the second relegation spot. I doubt forest green will put together much of a run, but they wouldn't have to the way we're playing. And all those teams below us are scoring more than us, which gives them a better chance of picking up points than us. Ultimately, it only takes a forest green to string a couple of results together and us to continue this rut and we're in the midst of it.

We'd be 8 points ahead of the second relegation spot because FGR would overtake Chesterfield.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
ginnywings
January 25, 2018, 4:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mariner91

We'd be 8 points ahead of the second relegation spot because FGR would overtake Chesterfield.

Unless of course Chesterfield win on Saturday (home to Stevenage) and we lose to the league leaders. Both them and FGR have something we don't, namely a regular goalscorer, and both have better recent records than we do. Twice in the last 10 seasons, we have had runs of over 20 games winless. Six of those seasons were spent in non league, so if you just count league seasons, that's not good reading. It can happen, it has happened, and still fresh in my memory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
londonmariner2
January 25, 2018, 4:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Maybe Fenty is waiting until Slades yearly contract is up before he sacks him,  Thats if he does have a yearly rolling contract
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Abdul19
January 25, 2018, 4:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Well if he does, he'll have a long wait.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
MuddyWaters
January 25, 2018, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from londonmariner2
Maybe Fenty is waiting until Slades yearly contract is up before he sacks him,  Thats if he does have a yearly rolling contract

A rolling contract means that you have whatever its' duration to pay. I'm told Slade is on a longer, fixed term contract but no-one seems to know how long!  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
Mrs Doyle
January 25, 2018, 6:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Think the clubs need to gid rid of bench warmers hemorrhaging money from club first either that or get a manager willing to give them a proper chance to see if they are any good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
GrimRob
January 25, 2018, 8:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner93er

It's between 33/1 and 40/1, the bookies have worked it out. We are 150/1 to get promoted. We are almost guaranteed to have no meaningful football for months.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/relegation

I'd say put the money aside and start planning now for August! Starting with the manager!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 29
ginnywings
January 25, 2018, 8:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

It's between 33/1 and 40/1, the bookies have worked it out.
We are 150/1 to get promoted. We are almost guaranteed to have no meaningful football for months.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/relegation

I'd say put the money aside and start planning now for August! Starting with the manager!

Based on what has happened so far. They have no idea what will happen from here on in. Those odds could drop dramatically, or rise, depending on future results.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
golfer
January 25, 2018, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A rolling contract means that you have whatever its' duration to pay. I'm told Slade is on a longer, fixed term contract but no-one seems to know how long!  

I keep telling you. I know it seems crazy but it's true.  £138K  for  4years. fixed term contract. Don't know what escape clauses if any but will try to find out without getting anybody in trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Week to go..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.