Jarmo.Is.God
January 24, 2018, 10:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Anyone been to Florida?

just wondered the best way to get it at a reasonable price based on previous experience?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grim74
January 24, 2018, 12:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
I've been 3 times over the years with the kids and never booked a package holiday as I've always managed to get it cheaper by doing it myself,The first time we had a hotel with a pool not far from international drive this is by far the cheapest option but going back to a room with a family of 4 starts to feel a bit cramped after a week or two but an even cheaper option would be a budget motel but it's not really a place to stay if you have a family with kids etc.

The second time we stayed at a large 3 bedroom apartment which was in a resort complex with all the amenities included this was more expensive than a hotel but the best value. And last year we stayed at a fantastic 4 bedroom  villa with pool and hot tub in Kissimmee it wasn't cheap but there's nothing better than going back to a place that feels like home after a long day around the parks.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Jarmo.Is.God
January 24, 2018, 12:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
I've been 3 times over the years with the kids and never booked a package holiday as I've always managed to get it cheaper by doing it myself,The first time we had a hotel with a pool not far from international drive this is by far the cheapest option but going back to a room with a family of 4 starts to feel a bit cramped after a week or two but an even cheaper option would be a budget motel but it's not really a place to stay if you have a family with kids etc.

The second time we stayed at a large 3 bedroom apartment which was in a resort complex with all the amenities included this was more expensive than a hotel but the best value. And last year we stayed at a fantastic 4 bedroom  villa with pool and hot tub in Kissimmee it wasn't cheap but there's nothing better than going back to a place that feels like home after a long day around the parks.

Awesome thanks for that!

What time of year did you go?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Grim74
January 24, 2018, 1:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
We have always gone mid October just after the after florida school holidays finish, queuing times at the parks are not as high (allegedly) and the kids love Halloween over there.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Simariner
February 21, 2018, 9:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
I've been 4 time over the last 6 years.

All with just myself and the Mrs.

Are you going with family or as a couple?

We've always booked with either Virgin or TravelCity Direct (Virgins sister company)  

We've stayed down International drive most times.

Also we've done the West Coast 3 times and stayed in Clearwater (best beaches in the US)

All depends if you want the whole Disney on site hotel experience, Villa, Hotel.

I personally prefer Universal, SeaWold and BushGardens than Disney.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
Jarmo.Is.God
February 22, 2018, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Simariner

We've always booked with either Virgin or TravelCity Direct (Virgins sister company)  

Also we've done the West Coast 3 times and stayed in Clearwater (best beaches in the US)

All depends if you want the whole Disney on site hotel experience, Villa, Hotel.

Cheers mate,

Would be a family, 1 little one, but don't want to go too early, and him not be at the age to be able to do most things.

Not sure on Villa, or Disney hotel, Villa is more relaxed and do as you please, but not sure if a Disney hotel would be better for a child.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Grim74
February 23, 2018, 2:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Cheers mate,

Would be a family, 1 little one, but don't want to go too early, and him not be at the age to be able to do most things.

Not sure on Villa, or Disney hotel, Villa is more relaxed and do as you please, but not sure if a Disney hotel would be better for a child.

Trust me mate after a few days in the Disney parks last thing you will want to do is go back to a hotel and see more Micky and Goofy overload, with a little one you really want somewhere just to relax and chill out a bit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Grim74
February 23, 2018, 3:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Simariner

Clearwater really nice beach and well worth a visit but st pete's beach a bit further down is nicer with more going on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Disneyworld

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.