lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2018, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Les Brechin

This trial by twitter is getting completely out of hand.

I wouldn't use it myself, but if you do and put poor quality jokes on there, or have views at the time that you don't now, it is becoming a nightmare. It is a life sentence it seems.

Phil Neville seems to have made some "jokes" on twitter years ago, quite innocently, and yet he is being hounded about them. What is up with people? It is real life that matters isn't it? Had he been convicted of any wrongdoing then he wouldn't have been considered for the job would he? As far as I know he has never been in trouble (apart from on the field!) and in actual fact did have a very good career.

I wonder what the world is coming to I really do.

LCL aged 62 and 3/4.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
ginnywings
January 23, 2018, 11:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
He hardly has a sterling record in management/coaching does he? I expect he has got the job more to lift the profile of Women's Football than for his ability. There are probably unknown coaches out there that have been doing the job for years that deserve a chance in front of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Tommy
January 23, 2018, 11:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 120790
Delighted with this. It’s testament to how far the female game has gone and the hard work of people in it, that big names from the men’s game are embracing it.

Big name as a player.

Done nothing in coaching yet to merit getting a national team coaching job at any level IMO.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Maringer
January 24, 2018, 7:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,405
Gold Stars: 184
Jobs for the boys. So to speak. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

If I was one of the England ladies, I'd be feeling a bit miffed that somebody who has only been coaching for 5 minutes has been awarded the job.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Father Christmas
January 24, 2018, 7:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Non football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
oldun
January 24, 2018, 8:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The women's game has come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of years. If only the could find goalkeepers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
grimsby pete
January 24, 2018, 1:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I have watched the womens game for a good few years and they have come on leaps and bounds ,

Although they do not have the physical strength of the men they play good attractive football.

A lot more enjoyable than watching Sladeball.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
FishOutOfWater
January 24, 2018, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have watched the womens game for a good few years and they have come on leaps and bounds ,

Although they do not have the physical strength of the men they play good attractive football.

A lot more enjoyable than watching Sladeball.

I'm not denying that there are lots of talented skillful women footballers Pete

To my mind though their game is always so error strewn - it reminds me of when I used to watch my lad playing junior football, when one moment of magic is followed by a moment of madness

Entertaining undoubtedly but it's not ever going to be a gripping as the men's competitive game just because there are so many accidents waiting to happen
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 25
Mallyner
January 24, 2018, 3:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
The last few England's women's teams games I have watched have in my opinion have been a pleasure to watch with some great skills on show.     I noticed in one of his messages today, Phil used the often corrected on here, I should of.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
TAGG
January 24, 2018, 3:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,967
Gold Stars: 123

This trial by twitter is getting completely out of hand.

I wouldn't use it myself, but if you do and put poor quality jokes on there, or have views at the time that you don't now, it is becoming a nightmare. It is a life sentence it seems.

Phil Neville seems to have made some "jokes" on twitter years ago, quite innocently, and yet he is being hounded about them. What is up with people? It is real life that matters isn't it? Had he been convicted of any wrongdoing then he wouldn't have been considered for the job would he? As far as I know he has never been in trouble (apart from on the field!) and in actual fact did have a very good career.

I wonder what the world is coming to I really do.

LCL aged 62 and 3/4.

Agree mate.
People get so offended about anything nowerdays and then can't wait to attack for it.

Anyhow women's football is proper excrement and I doubt Neville or anyone else will make it any better.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Neville

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.