Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Complicated.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 284 Guests

It's Complicated.....

This thread currently has 3,932 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WesternMariner
January 21, 2018, 7:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 38
How is a dyed in the wool Town fan supposed to feel?

On the one hand I hate to see what's happening to the club at the moment, disunity, disappointment and the powers that be seemingly putting us on a fast track back to the 5th circle of Hell. Four defeats in the bounce actually making me hope that changes would be made (albeit not right at the top and therein lies the problem) if we lost again this weekend. Even if the manager were changed it'd still be down to the non chairman to pick the replacement.

On the other hand this team are my team, always have been always will be - I can't wish for them to lose. There's some good lads in the squad, there's a certain amount of skill and quite a bit of character, they can play given the opportunity like the first half showed yesterday.

I don't suppose Fenty wants this agony any more than the rest of us do. I don't care whether he stays or goes, whether it's Slade or someone else - I just want us all to be pulling in the same direction, playing the Grimsby way and giving us something to shout for.

For felicitations sake get it together and we'll be there for the club.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Numanoid
January 21, 2018, 7:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Brilliant  well said mate !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2018, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from WesternMariner
How is a dyed in the wool Town fan supposed to feel?

On the one hand I hate to see what's happening to the club at the moment, disunity, disappointment and the powers that be seemingly putting us on a fast track back to the 5th circle of Hell. Four defeats in the bounce actually making me hope that changes would be made (albeit not right at the top and therein lies the problem) if we lost again this weekend. Even if the manager were changed it'd still be down to the non chairman to pick the replacement.

On the other hand this team are my team, always have been always will be - I can't wish for them to lose. There's some good lads in the squad, there's a certain amount of skill and quite a bit of character, they can play given the opportunity like the first half showed yesterday.

I don't suppose Fenty wants this agony any more than the rest of us do. I don't care whether he stays or goes, whether it's Slade or someone else - I just want us all to be pulling in the same direction, playing the Grimsby way and giving us something to shout for.

For felicitations sake get it together and we'll be there for the club.

I totally agree. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought this through a million times but, in truth, I could live with Checkatrade (our choice) and admired the way the Trust dealt with Bra-gate but for me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the Forum which both made our board look very unprofessional and made me realise that there were other dinosaurs roaming the Park.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Mendonca1995
January 21, 2018, 7:55pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Fully agree GTFC are my hometown club and I will support them through thick and thin no matter how good or bad the football is or who runs it or whatever,managers come and go players come and go but the club and the fans should always remain (hopefully) let’s try get this season back on track UTM ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 8:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I totally agree. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought this through a million times but, in truth, I could live with Checkatrade (our choice) and admired the way the Trust dealt with Bra-gate but for me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the Forum which both made our board look very unprofessional and made me realise that there were other dinosaurs roaming the Park.

Whether you agree or not with their views telling supporters to "shut up" is unforgivable IMHO. Marley should have fallen on his sword after that but his arrogance and lack of emotional intelligence means he'll never get it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2018, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Whether you agree or not with their views telling supporters to "shut up" is unforgivable IMHO. Marley should have fallen off his sword after that but his arrogance and lack of emotional intelligence means he'll never get it.

It just displayed the total disconnect between the board & the fans. Makes you wonder why we never hear from Mr Chapman - maybe he's even worse?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
grimsby pete
January 21, 2018, 9:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
You would have thought the board should know by now that the club is nothing without the fans,

So if Fenty and Co offer the olive branch I for one would take it ,

The club is bigger than any board member or fan,

So lets all pull as one and see where that takes us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Marinerz93
January 21, 2018, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
You would have thought the board should know by now that the club is nothing without the fans,

So if Fenty and Co offer the olive branch I for one would take it ,

The club is bigger than any board member or fan,

So lets all pull as one and see where that takes us.

Is Fenty pulling your strings, for me we can only pull as one when Fenty and Sladeball bring the players as promised to get us out of the mess they have both created, not tell us that players are over priced, I've personally drawn a line in the sand, I've had enough of being taken on Fenty and sladeballs misery tour.

I know of one retired die hard fan who has told me that if Town go down they'll go and follow Cleethorpes Town, they also said words I can't post on here about the football and how the club is run.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
grimsby pete
January 21, 2018, 10:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93

Is Fenty pulling your strings, for me we can only pull as one when Fenty and Sladeball bring the players as promised to get us out of the mess they have both created, not tell us that players are over priced, I've personally drawn a line in the sand, I've had enough of being taken on Fenty and sladeballs misery tour.

I know of one retired die hard fan who has told me that if Town go down they'll go and follow Cleethorpes Town, they also said words I can't post on here about the football and how the club is run.

I think you and most on here know what I think about Fenty,

BUT

If  he can admit his faults and try and bring us as one I will give him a chance to prove it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
marinernige
January 21, 2018, 10:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
I went yesterday to support the Team ,has did many others,followed 'Town' for over forty years ,same faces ,who like me love this club , and unlike 'owners, managers,players we will still be there long after they've drunk off.
The 'club' is having the life sucked out off it,and is in a downward spiral , JF has supported the club as long as me ,but honestly he needs to step down and give the club back to the fans,be that trust run or a new ownership with new and fresh ideas, i even think he might even start to enjoy being a 'town' fan again. GTID.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
livosnose
January 22, 2018, 12:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
It’s been a curse since 1984 v Chelsea.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2018, 7:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think you and most on here know what I think about Fenty,

BUT

If  he can admit his faults and try and bring us as one I will give him a chance to prove it.

Haven't you listened to him for the last 15 years Pete? Leopards, spots etc.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
TAGG
January 22, 2018, 8:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It just displayed the total disconnect between the board & the fans. Makes you wonder why we never hear from Mr Chapman - maybe he's even worse?

Mr Chapman is waiting in the wings to have a go at the Managers job, he's well used to training Donkeys 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
1mickylyons
January 22, 2018, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from TAGG

Mr Chapman is waiting in the wings to have a go at the Managers job, he's well used to training Donkeys 👍

If he likes Nags then Mr Chapman could register on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Bigdog
January 22, 2018, 11:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He's only there to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2018, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

He's only there to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted..

Looking how long since one of his won, I don't think he's got one capable of bolting. His winless streak is (far) worse than GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
RoboCod
January 22, 2018, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Looking how long since one of his won, I don't think he's got one capable of bolting. His winless streak is (far) worse than GTFC.

Surely we should be using his lame horse/glue factory connections to serve as a warning to our strikers ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Caveman
January 22, 2018, 12:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
I've had a couple of chats with Mr Chapman over the years
and , in fairness, he comes over has a decent bloke. I could
also say the same of Philip Day.

I know the latter does put in a lot of time working on club matters
but for the life of me I can't see what our Mr Chapman contributes.
He hasn't even attended AGM's for several years.

Perhaps ALL the directors should put in thirty grand a year to hold
a place on the board

On a lighter note I've part owned racehorses for some years now
and have recently been considering buying a share in a 2yo filly.
If we had gone ahead.part of the enjoyment would have been
chosing a name ( more often than not a spin-off from it's parents'
names.

The filly's sire was SLADE POWER with winnings of a million.

I went for another horse instead but keep wondering what name
I would have chosen. I hate to think what some on here would
have picked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Complicated.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.