I heard this on Wednesday night too but chose to ignore it as speculation
Reply: 20 - 68
H19P1
January 20, 2018, 11:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Mixed emotions with this thread. Hope his daughter gets well soon and if Nathan ever returns he'll be welcomed with open arms.

First thing first, family is family and if you're reading this Nathan our thoughts are with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
Garth
January 20, 2018, 11:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Doubt Slade would play him anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
barralad
January 20, 2018, 11:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from toontown
Yes, irrespective of whether there is any chance of him rejoining us, and if it is correct that his daughter is very sick, then I hope she is better as soon as possible.

Why would anybody red cross this post?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
rancido
January 21, 2018, 11:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from barralad

Why would anybody red cross this post?

'Cos unfortunately there are some right tools who post on here !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
Marinerz93
January 21, 2018, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Firstly, I hope that Nathans daughter recovers from what ever has made her unwell.

Secondly, will absolutely love to have Nathan back if reports are true, can we go back for Pearson and one or two others we should have never let go too.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
lee65
January 21, 2018, 1:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
I was sad to see Nathan leave as he is more than good enough at this level

People talk about “that” goal, but I saw how good his skill and control was when we beat Eastleigh 1-0 away the other year (I was close to the touch line) and I was very impressed from then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
Cloudy
January 21, 2018, 1:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Hope his young daughter makes a speedy and full recovery.

Honestly don't think he would improve us. A 1 game in 4 player during his last season with us and not a regular starter at any time in his FL career.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 68
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 1:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
As well as a decent player he is clearly a decent fella too. Stuff I remember,....

When he first arrived he was injured and could not start the season my lasting memory of that first game at Kiddy was Nathan in the car park talking to some LD kids, they where fascinated by his tattoos and he took time to let them look at his arms and answer all sorts of question.

Same season at Torquay a girl got hit with a ball in the warm despite the best efforts of a steward he jumped over the fence and legged it up the stand to make sure she was alright.

After the Barnet inflatable win he and Dis came over to me and my lad to shake hands when it would have been so easy to just stand off the supporters.

So as they say you get back what you put in, whichever shirt he wares I wish him every success.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
toontown
January 21, 2018, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Cloudy
Hope his young daughter makes a speedy and full recovery.

Honestly don't think he would improve us. A 1 game in 4 player during his last season with us and not a regular starter at any time in his FL career.

I disagree - he is a player who works hard at his defensive duties so he could be a replacement for woolford in the sense that Slade would trust him, but he would still offer more going forward than woolford does in my opinion (which isnt that hard). With him in the squad slade might finaly feel able to leave woolford out of the 16, this would certainly improve us i feel. i.e. between DJ and Nath on the left

Also if we continue with our current form for much longer then we are in for a relegation battle, with potentially some important games against the teams around us, inclduing Village Green on the last day. One thing is certain about Nath, throughout his time at Town and Lincoln, he regularly turned it on for the big games and big moments, so he could prove really invaluable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.