Reply: 10 - 37
GYinScuntland
January 20, 2018, 5:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
If carlsberg did optimistic thread titles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
barralad
January 20, 2018, 5:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I csn only look game by game and we got a point away agains5 a team higher up the league than us. Surely that should be worth a nod of approval.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
sonofmadeleymariner
January 20, 2018, 6:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from oldun
Don't panic the league leaders are in for a surprise next Sat

What with how easy their win will be?

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
chaos33
January 20, 2018, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from barralad
I csn only look game by game and we got a point away agains5 a team higher up the league than us. Surely that should be worth a nod of approval.

I agree, Barra, a good away point but in the wider context, I agree with Ginny. If we don't find a win in the next 2-4 games we are going to be well in the relegation mix, and I can't where it's coming from.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
KingstonMariner
January 20, 2018, 6:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Badger57

To be honest I think Chesterfield and Forest Green are finding their feet now and will be well clear of relegation by the end of the season. Barnet are going to struggle so that leaves one place for the trap door with Morecambe, Crewe, Yeovil most perilous but with Chelmsford,  Port Vale and ourselves looking nervously over our shoulders.
That game at Yeovil looking VERY important at this moment in time.  

If we're in a relegation dogfight with Chelmsford then we really are in trouble.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Grimbiggs
January 20, 2018, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
A point against another side who are out of form, hardly steady's the ship. It's the home games against Port Vale, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet, together with Yeovil, Crawley and Forest Green away, that will define our season, and I would think we would need to win at least four of those games to stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2018, 7:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Good away point but still think we could be this seasons Hartlepool if we done get a win and a few more points s soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
headingly_mariner
January 20, 2018, 7:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33

I agree, Barra, a good away point but in the wider context, I agree with Ginny. If we don't find a win in the next 2-4 games we are going to be well in the relegation mix, and I can't where it's coming from.

Completey agree, but a positive performance were we should have won shows the players are still playing for the manager. I think adding some quality or not will show how serious the board are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
ginnywings
January 20, 2018, 7:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grimbiggs
A point against another side who are out of form, hardly steady's the ship. It's the home games against Port Vale, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet, together with Yeovil, Crawley and Forest Green away, that will define our season, and I would think we would need to win at least four of those games to stay up.

Agreed. Lot's of 6 pointers there. We play 5 of those sides in the last 10 games, including the current bottom three. Four of them are at home and it may be our salvation, if we continue to struggle.

What i don't want is to have to go to FGR needing a point or three. Football throws up these kinds of fixtures. Actually, what i really want is for us to beat Luton and Yeovil, pull away from the bottom and not have to think about the unthinkable, but it's getting closer by the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stopped the rot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.