4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 20, 2018, 5:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

First half we sounded really good and well done RS and the players.....or

is this just a stay of execution for RS.........thoughts.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
MarinerWY
January 20, 2018, 5:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Point away from home eh. I'm willing to wait a few more games before making definitive judgement... I'm aware that won't be popular on here mind.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
IlkleyMariner
January 20, 2018, 5:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Too soon to say, but a point v Luton and a win at Yeovil will do nicely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
Kris2
January 20, 2018, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Oh we didn't lose, no rage this week then everyone will be happy with how things are for another week. Who wants to make the "we can still make the playoffs" thread?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
ginnywings
January 20, 2018, 5:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Less than two weeks ago we had the club statement and it stressed that we are mid table and 13 points from the relegation zone. Less than a fortnight later, we are now 9 points from the relegation zone. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at that rate we are going to be in deep sh1t soon if we don't get a win or two. It's more than a good chance that we will be 6 points off it next week. Forest Green banged in 5 today and have a winnable game. Chesterfield have an even more winnable game. We have the best side in the league.

Can't win against the sides around us and i'm even more concerned after today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Cambs Mariner
January 20, 2018, 5:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Closer to the relegation zone than the play offs now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
sonofmadeleymariner
January 20, 2018, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Merely a stay of execution. We wont do well if we play like that against Luton they will hammer us. We played well against a poor side.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
Swansea_Mariner
January 20, 2018, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
It's a Matt Heywood style turning circle. 3 points from 24 = owch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
tintowner
January 20, 2018, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
Less than two weeks ago we had the club statement and it stressed that we are mid table and 13 points from the relegation zone. Less than a fortnight later, we are now 9 points from the relegation zone. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at that rate we are going to be in deep sh1t soon if we don't get a win or two. It's more than a good chance that we will be 6 points off it next week. Forest Green banged in 5 today and have a winnable game. Chesterfield have an even more winnable game. We have the best side in the league.

This!

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Badger57
January 20, 2018, 5:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from ginnywings

To be honest I think Chesterfield and Forest Green are finding their feet now and will be well clear of relegation by the end of the season. Barnet are going to struggle so that leaves one place for the trap door with Morecambe, Crewe, Yeovil most perilous but with Chelmsford,  Port Vale and ourselves looking nervously over our shoulders.
That game at Yeovil looking VERY important at this moment in time.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stopped the rot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.