Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players own research
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Players own research

This thread currently has 5,074 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
January 19, 2018, 7:31am
Guest User
When players are considering a transfer or loan period, I wonder if they research fans forums and message boards to get a feel of the current atmosphere and feel for the club?

“Grimsby want me, let’s have a little look at what their fans are saying about the place right now”
denni266
January 19, 2018, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
That is a good question, i would at least think they would do some checking,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
louth_in_the_south
January 19, 2018, 7:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,644
Gold Stars: 94
I’d guess that in the world of pro football most players in other clubs would know or know someone who knew someone who was at a the club they were thinking of joining and be able to get the lowdown . Unfortunately.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
jonnyboy82
January 19, 2018, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Yes they probably do.

I also hope they would have heard of the terrific away following we have infact probably one of the best in league football and also the way we donated our own money for Paul Hurst, the thousands we took to Wembley in non league football and the backing our players do get when they give our there best for 90 minutes.

It's just a shame that right here right now we have a manager way way past his sell by date , no doubt we have a bigger problem too but let's leave that for now .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
RoboCod
January 19, 2018, 8:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Let's just hope they don't look up the management/boards method of 'interacting' with the fans and local media on Youtube.
Just watch that video, all you potential signings and investors, laying bare all of the inadequacies and general weirdness of the current board and management.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
1mickylyons
January 19, 2018, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
The Town fans when they are behind the team are as good as any and in the lower leagues quite exceptional.However because they are so passionate when it goes the other way you get what you see now. The problem here is GTFC have no feckin idea how to harness or galvanise the support but they find countless ways to infuriate, demonise and ultimately lose it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
oochiad
January 19, 2018, 8:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Well we’re well and truly f#%ked then........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
dapperz fun pub
January 19, 2018, 8:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Players normally only care about wages and location , are they enough and is it feasible to move x amount of miles away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
Swansea_Mariner
January 19, 2018, 8:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from 120790
When players are considering a transfer or loan period, I wonder if they research fans forums and message boards to get a feel of the current atmosphere and feel for the club?

“Grimsby want me, let’s have a little look at what their fans are saying about the place right now”

I'd imagine if they looked up the fan forum on youtube that would tell them all they want to know about the club. Unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
ska face
January 19, 2018, 9:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,532
Gold Stars: 832
Quoted from 120790

They probably do, which makes you wonder what sort of impression they get when there’s a 97-page thread PINNED to the top of the “other board” where fans can chuck about phrases like “mongo wogchops” on page 1?

Of course, when a player claimed he’d been subjected to similar language away at Halifax one year, he was “making it all up”.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players own research

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.