HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 1:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Ipswin
Probably between the two I reckon I said 250 to Swin Jnr.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game BTW (but then I dont have to suffer it every week!) Thought Town played some good football, on the ground to feet, especially in the first half and if we had 3 by half time it would not have flattered us. Caught cold straight after half time for the equaliser but evenish after that with chances at both ends (possibly more for Colchester) Certainly a better performance than last season at the barest coldest inhospitable uninspiring atmosphere-free ground I have ever been to.

Hope they make very large car parks at our new place, like theirs on the edge of nowhere (if it ever happens) at £6 to park (about 1000 cars yesterday I reckon) and no alternative street parking its a good source of income

Didn't get to see Fenty outside for our 1:1 chat, it was flipping freezing and pissing it down so couldn't be arsed to wait - maybe I'll PM him again  

There was a massive car park a 10 min walk away over the A12 at the P&R,  £2 and pretty quick away. Agree we played better just wondered if not being at BP helped, was Fenty there thought he' be keeping is head down, I know I would if I was him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
KingstonMariner
January 21, 2018, 4:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

There was a massive car park a 10 min walk away over the A12 at the P&R,  £2 and pretty quick away. Agree we played better just wondered if not being at BP helped, was Fenty there thought he' be keeping is head down, I know I would if I was him.

To be fair to him he doesn’t hide.

He’s always ready to go 10 rounds. 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
grimsby pete
January 21, 2018, 4:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I did not go but was going until the Doctor at the Hospital damaged a blood vessel in my eye a few days ago,

So I could not drive the short distance,

Never mind hope to see us win at Cambridge if I can make it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I did not go but was going until the Doctor at the Hospital damaged a blood vessel in my eye a few days ago,

What a shame, hope the “mince pie” is ok Pete👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Ipswin
January 21, 2018, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

Looked for you yesterday Pete - the doctor did you a favour mate it was a freezing cold wet lousy afternoon although not a bad performance from Town

Any news on when they will do your knee?

Hope to see you same seats at Cambridge next month

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Ipswin
January 21, 2018, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

There was a massive car park a 10 min walk away over the A12 at the P&R,  £2 and pretty quick away.

I knew about that mate but it was a freezing cold wet afternoon and over the A12 is not exactly Manchester St or even Brereton Avenue! I think having large parking around a ground especially one thats out of town is a great idea, sodomist the housing, ice rink and practice pitches. Make Peakes Parkway a huge £10 a time car park.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I knew about that mate but it was a freezing cold wet afternoon and over the A12 is not exactly Manchester St or even Brereton Avenue! I think having large parking around a ground especially one thats out of town is a great idea, sodomist the housing, ice rink and practice pitches. Make Peakes Parkway a huge £10 a time car park.

Ha ha ha ........... Agree mate, maybe JF's driver will look after you come the time  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Ipswin
January 21, 2018, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ha ha ha ........... Agree mate, maybe JF's driver will look after you come the time  

That's what I am afraid of - I don't want to be walking anywhere near a road when Fenty's £80,000 motor comes along just in case!

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
grimsby pete
January 21, 2018, 9:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

Looked for you yesterday Pete - the doctor did you a favour mate it was a freezing cold wet lousy afternoon although not a bad performance from Town

Any news on when they will do your knee?

Hope to see you same seats at Cambridge next month

I should have had it this month Swin but the government put all non urgent ops back to next month,

So your guess is as good as mine mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away support at Colchester on Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.