Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 54 Guests

No movement, no news, no hope!!

This thread currently has 11,086 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
January 18, 2018, 7:12am
Guest User
I know there’s still a fortnight of the window left but I’m struggling to find any positives!! What concerns me more is that I think we will lose our next two games without additions and Slade will then get the boot.  That will leave about 3 days left of the Transfer Window to find a replacement or we are back to where we were with a New Manager not wanting the old managers players!!

Why do GTFC do it this way?? Please get rid NOW and let the rebuild start!!

I am losing hope with my beloved GTFC. Please JF, for once, do the right thing and issue his P45!!!

Currently feeling doomed.......

UTM
denni266
January 18, 2018, 7:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 125
Yes we need a striker and a left back. but most of all we need a manager who knows what he is doing . this squad is better than slade can get out of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 18, 2018, 8:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,264
Gold Stars: 113
Most of the action happens back end of the window when people move about. Like you I feel Slade might not be around for it, he really needs a result this weekend. That said Thursdays are usually the day signings are announced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
golfer
January 18, 2018, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 111
The 6th Thursday in the month as far as we are concerned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
TAGG
January 18, 2018, 10:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 121
Don't give the fat useless potato head twit in a hat a penny.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
arryarryarry
January 18, 2018, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from TAGG

Don't give the fat useless potato head twit in a hat a penny

Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really think.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
Kris2
January 19, 2018, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
Who wants to come here? Who wants to play for a losing team? Who wants to play for a manager who has no passion and doesn't care anymore? Would you be excited about the prospect of coming to bumblef**k nowhere and playing for a team that's struggling and has the fan base against the manager and chairman? That doesn't sound very good for anybody except mercenaries looking for a pay cheque.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
heppy88
January 19, 2018, 6:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Kris2
Who wants to come here? Who wants to play for a losing team? Who wants to play for a manager who has no passion and doesn't care anymore? Would you be excited about the prospect of coming to bumblef**k nowhere and playing for a team that's struggling and has the fan base against the manager and chairman? That doesn't sound very good for anybody except mercenaries looking for a pay cheque.

Won't be long then before there is a statement from Slade and Fenty blaming the fans attitude for the lack of quality signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
denni266
January 19, 2018, 7:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 125
Mr Fenty is not interested in what the fans do or want, but he has to remember this , if the fans keep walking  so will his chance of getting his money back , The supporters hold the key in there feet , and like mine i aint going again untill he / the club / manager changes, i am not expecting it to change soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
1mickylyons
January 19, 2018, 8:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,182
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from denni266
Mr Fenty is not interested in what the fans do or want, but he has to remember this , if the fans keep walking  so will his chance of getting his money back , The supporters hold the key in there feet , and like mine i aint going again untill he / the club / manager changes, i am not expecting it to change soon

A dangerous game to play once people who have been fans or worse still die hard fans stop going to games and find something else to do you will lose a % of them probably forever? I honestly believe if Town are not sorted off the field with a clear vision by the start of next Season they are very likely to be bound for relegation only this time their will be no fans left to rally round the flag.Sad times we can all see it coming but ...................

And that`s probably why RS is Manager the team are unlikely to get relegated with him at the helm he should have enough experience to steer us clear? I would love to know his job remit and I have said before my guess is it`s keep the club treading water til the new ground gets delivered on a minimal budget? Now had the Club have been honest and said that was how it was going to be and pleaded with us for patience I could have lived with that it`s a plan and I would have been prepared to suffer a couple of seasons of poor football for the greater good or the long term plan.Honesty Mr Fenty is always the best policy.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.