Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

No movement, no news, no hope!!

This thread currently has 11,137 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 23, 2018, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
Or it could be seen as an opportunity to clear the decks and have a smaller, better quality squad. First task is to negotiate this season unscathed. Then it's up to those in the boardroom and in management what happens after that.

Looking at that list and if the 6 that are deemed to be contracted for next season remain then the squad cannot be too small as most of those aren't deemed good enough by either the fans or Russell Slade.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
ginnywings
January 23, 2018, 11:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Looking at that list and if the 6 that are deemed to be contracted for next season remain then the squad cannot be too small as most of those aren't deemed good enough by either the fans or Russell Slade.

But could probably do a job as back up to better players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
January 24, 2018, 6:18am
Guest User
It’s really irritating and dishonest to come out with sweeping statements of intent, just to provide a decoy for the real issues! This discontent will not go away with RS at the helm, the opinion is no longer divided, it’s unanimous!!! You lose trust, you just lose trust!!

Absolutely zero news coming out of GTFC which is very depressing. Clutching at stories like ‘when I managed Harry Kane’ or ‘our form earlier in the season (3 games!!)’ is all very boring. Let’s face it, you had nothing whatsoever to do with Harry Kane’s rise to fame so please stop with these tedious links.

It also seems like there is nothing coming out of Radio Humberside either, another burnt bridge I think.

We are a mess of a Club and need of help before it’s too late.

Luton at Home will be more ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ as they will bring a few which will inflate the gate!!

Please, somebody wake me up from this nightmare.
Reply: 52 - 57
chaos33
January 24, 2018, 7:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Yup

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 24, 2018, 9:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Has anyone seen the lad at Grantham play? Lee Shaw, playing at a much lower lever, but he is banging in the goals. Apparently Scunny are tracking him and I wonder if we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
friskneymariner
January 24, 2018, 9:44am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Sums Slade up living in the past,he time has gone.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
Grantham_Mariner
January 24, 2018, 10:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Has anyone seen the lad at Grantham play? Lee Shaw, playing at a much lower lever, but he is banging in the goals. Apparently Scunny are tracking him and I wonder if we are.

No chance, I understand there is an agreement between him, Grantham and a club already for the end of the season.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 24, 2018, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No chance, I understand there is an agreement between him, Grantham and a club already for the end of the season.

That's a shame. These are the sort of players that can be plucked from a lower level and are happy to stay in the area. We have had our best success in recent years signing players from a lower level. Obviously we did great from the Bogle deal, but players like Pearson, Mckeown and Mills all improved us and stayed with us for more than one season. On that note, I'd like to see Mills stay and hope he's been offered a contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.