Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 223 Guests

No movement, no news, no hope!!

This thread currently has 11,103 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
January 23, 2018, 4:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
They did not say specifically in this window and RS has said several times some players might be available to come in during the summer. This is their smoke and mirrors get out clause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
oldun
January 23, 2018, 4:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
They did not say specifically in this window and RS has said several times some players might be available to come in during the summer. This is their smoke and mirrors get out clause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
denni266
January 23, 2018, 4:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
I cannot believe what Mr Fenty is doing to our club. Running it down again to non league standards from the very top to the bottom .. Hold your head down and hide like you are doing right now.. Holding the club back for a poxy 2 mill. nothing in football terms . We need someone who knows about football , not a gloryfied fish filleter playing look at me.. Every one can see we need players , and yes that costs money , so you are either in or out  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
Mariner_09
January 23, 2018, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
My biggest worry is this, the players contracted for next season:

Dixon
Rose
Kelly
Dembele (option)
Jones
Hooper
Cardwell
Killip (option)
Osborne (option)

That is desperate stuff if we don't re-sign some of our better players from this season (basically Matt, Mills and Summerfield). We need a whole new squad not a few quality players.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2018, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner_09

Dixon
Rose
Kelly
Dembele (option)
Jones
Hooper
Cardwell
Killip (option)
Osborne (option)

That is desperate stuff if we don't re-sign some of our better players from this season (basically Matt, Mills and Summerfield). We need a whole new squad not a few quality players.

Matt isn't ours to sign!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
ginnywings
January 23, 2018, 4:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Or it could be seen as an opportunity to clear the decks and have a smaller, better quality squad. First task is to negotiate this season unscathed. Then it's up to those in the boardroom and in management what happens after that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
Mendonca1995
January 23, 2018, 6:51pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from oldun

They did

Jan 9: Board statement
In the wake of growing fan unrest, Grimsby Town directors voted to 'unequivocally' back manager Russell Slade - and give him the financial support needed in the transfer window to improve his squad.

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings
Or it could be seen as an opportunity to clear the decks and have a smaller, better quality squad. First task is to negotiate this season unscathed. Then it's up to those in the boardroom and in management what happens after that.

I am very much with you on this.

A few weeks ago we may have been able to muse over the future, but all of a sudden survival as a football league club is all that matters.

To be relegated is unthinkable - far worse than last time and that was the worst I have ever felt.

Lets get safe, and then discuss  at length how we can move forward with or without the current board. I would much prefer the current lot to be outed, but it is in their hands if they can find extra inward investment.

The seasons end will also be the time to discuss the new stadium malarky. We would have something heard by now, so if it is a no goer then that changes a lot of things.

My lad and I have often said there is no way Fenty would allow us to be relegated again as he would surely have learned from the previous time! We said we would get top quality players in and quick if it ever looked we might be dragged into a relegation battle...

This is what we are up against - a non chairman who never seems to learn from experience.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
Badger57
January 23, 2018, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30

My lad and I have often said there is no way Fenty would allow us to be relegated again as he would surely have learned from the previous time! We said we would get top quality players in and quick if it ever looked we might be dragged into a relegation battle..

You would have thought, hoped and expected that at the very least wouldn't you?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2018, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner_09

Dixon
Rose
Kelly
Dembele (option)
Jones
Hooper
Cardwell
Killip (option)
Osborne (option)

Just to point out Mr Slade & Mr Fenty, that list will not sell many season tickets for next season, even if we manage to stay up.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No movement, no news, no hope!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.