Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't afford to sack him..........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

Can't afford to sack him..........

This thread currently has 1,700 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
January 16, 2018, 6:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
but can we actually afford to keep going with Slade in charge !!!  I don't know if anyone has done a poll, but how many season ticket holders on here will renew their season ticket if we start next season with Slade as manager ?  I for one will NOT renew, because I cannot watch anymore of this crap and listen to anymore of his boring excuses.  Slade is a builder is he !!!  The only thing he is building is his bank balance at the expense of GTFC, and I hasten to add all of the other clubs where he has taken his brand of non-football and non-promotion.  If this man had any decency at all, he would accept a reduced settlement figure and take himself well away from this Town once and for all.  He may well be a friend of Fenty,s but in business you need results and it was probably a mistake to take him back in the first place.  How he has survived this long I will never know, other than the financial implications of getting rid.  I suspect when we lose to Colchester and Luton that will be his cracker, but yet again the Board have then made themselves look incompetent once again.  Bignot and Slade since Hurst, you just could not make this stuff up.  The club is dying on its feet and the only people that cannot see this are the deluded Board of Directors.  Slade is hanging out for his P45 and big fat pay off and in the meantime we slide nearer the trap door with the fan base disppearing week in week out.  My enthusiasm will come back when Slade has gone and not before, but next time GET the right manager for once...............

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
January 16, 2018, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Look at it from JF's point of view.

This season's S/T money is locked in, and S/Ts account for a high percentage of home gate receipts, so Slade won't be sacked before (or much before) the end of the season.

There's always the chance that things will improve enough by April. If it doesn't then he'll get the push in April(ish) to stave off a collapse in revenue in next season's S/Ts.

Not saying he's right mind. I think all the while this goes on, trust in JF's regime continues to ebb away.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
lukeo
January 17, 2018, 6:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,371
Gold Stars: 145
Tbf to JF I was happy and looking forward to Bignot coming to Grimsby, from the outside what he'd done with Solihull I thought he was defenately worth a punt... Regards Slade I was on the fence but I fell off it a long time ago and don't think it was the right appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can't afford to sack him..........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.