January 16, 2018, 12:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from psgmariner

Agree.

The negativity towards the club seems irreversible in some fans now. Whatever the news it always jumped on by someone and used to beat Fenty, Slade, The Trust or "the board" with. Mainly by people who do absolutely nothing to actually help. Log off the fishy for a bit and do something constructive!

Obviously if you are posting on here you are not going to be the sort of person who is in a position to buy the club but there are tonnes of ways to make things better.

Hang on I put the post on and asked a question regarding the SLO at NO time did I use the information to attempt to beat anybody.I thought Kristine was doing a great job and I was disappointed with what went on but I never mentioned it.Then I recall  the Club appointed ANOTHER and I wondered whether he had resigned? This to me is a valid question due to the position being advertised will have an impact on some or all fans further down the line.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 83
Marinerz93
January 16, 2018, 12:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

Since I have no association with the club, then it is clearly my opinion. But is it ok to post like it's a fact that there's some underhanded objective from the club?

Obviously what they want is somebody who will help improve the relationship between the club and the fans. I don't see any way that it will happen. Anything that is said with good intentions is getting torn apart by the usual names. I don't think all of the actions of the club have been great, but they're nowhere near as bad as what is made out by some. The current football, however, is a different story  

People are highlighting something on the advert that needs addressing for obvious reasons as it's clear as mud and shouldn't be on there. It's not on Bristols city's advert for an SLO.

You do sound like you work for the club or have close ties with one of the members. We had a brilliant and country wide recognised SLO till Fenty fudged that up didn't we. Who are the usual names?

Also there is a link to the clubs code of conduct that doesn't work, how professional.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 83
psgmariner
January 16, 2018, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Marinerz93

People are highlighting something on the advert that needs addressing for obvious reasons as it's clear as mud and shouldn't be on there. It's not on Bristols city's advert for an SLO.

You do sound like you work for the club or have close ties with one of the members. We had a brilliant and country wide recognised SLO till Fenty fudged that up didn't we. Who are the usual names?

What did the club say when you asked them out of interest?

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 83
Marinerz93
January 16, 2018, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

What did the club say when you asked them out of interest?

They didn't know, you ask them and see if you get the same reply  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 83
RichMariner
January 16, 2018, 12:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Our club is proper weird.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 83
psgmariner
January 16, 2018, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Marinerz93

They didn't know, you ask them and see if you get the same reply  

I've emailed them - will let you know.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 83
arryarryarry
January 16, 2018, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Is this because the current SLO can't be arsed to go to away games?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 83
1mickylyons
January 16, 2018, 1:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from pen penfras
The fishy isn't a pressure group and I'm sure membership on public forums is encouraged in order to spread relevant news to fans through all media.

I don't understand why everything has to be a conspiracy.

I hate it when people get a name wrong imagine being called Bob by everyone when your name is Stephen it would be enough to make you shout SHUT UP
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 83
moosey_club
January 16, 2018, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Definitely has undertones of Club first...supporters second which is a shame for an SLO post  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 83
Marinerz93
January 16, 2018, 1:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
Is this because the current SLO can't be arsed to go to away games?

A fair question but as he doesn't post on here maybe pen penfras can clear that up as to why he doesn't post on here and why there is a need for an away SLO for Town, why not just re-advertise the role to do both home and away.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO Vacancy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.