January 16, 2018, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I think I might apply, I know I will not get the job,

BUT

The interview could be very interesting.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 83
RoboCod
January 16, 2018, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

As long as its not the PEOPLES FRONT OF JUDEA you should be ok.  

P.S. will your mum let you out or have you been a naughty boy.

I dislike the Stevenage stewards... A LOT!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 83
friskneymariner
January 16, 2018, 11:42am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
My initial thought on this is: as all legislation,guidance and rules governing any constituted body have to be Human Rights Act  Compliant,the line prohibiting any membership of a pressure group contravenes Article 10 of the H.R.C. and therefore any applicant that is a member of a non-proscribed pressure group who is turned down has a locus for undertaking litigation.

Tempted to apply for the hell of it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 83
Ipswin
January 16, 2018, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think absolutely EVERYBODY from the Fishy should apply - inundate them with hundreds of applications and let them sort that lot out. It does say part of the job is informing fans of decisions made by the club - so long as its not trying to explain them as well it should be a piece of urine

Come on all get your applications in.

Me and Pete first although as I have been told 'NEVER NEVER NEVER contact me again' by the leather jacketed one it could be difficult. I'll hand him my application at Colchester on Saturday

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 83
RoboCod
January 16, 2018, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Only did a very quick Google on this but didn't see any other such demands from other clubs re their SLO application. May be wrong though.
Brizzle had this for example..
[url]http://bristolcitysupporters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SLO-job-specification.pdf[/url]

Looks very professional and well thought out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 83
Southwark Mariner
January 16, 2018, 11:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 83
psgmariner
January 16, 2018, 11:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pen penfras

Obviously what they want is somebody who will help improve the relationship between the club and the fans. I don't see any way that it will happen. Anything that is said with good intentions is getting torn apart by the usual names. I don't think all of the actions of the club have been great, but they're nowhere near as bad as what is made out by some. The current football, however, is a different story  

Agree.

The negativity towards the club seems irreversible in some fans now. Whatever the news it always jumped on by someone and used to beat Fenty, Slade, The Trust or "the board" with. Mainly by people who do absolutely nothing to actually help. Log off the fishy for a bit and do something constructive!

Obviously if you are posting on here you are not going to be the sort of person who is in a position to buy the club but there are tonnes of ways to make things better.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 83
headingly_mariner
January 16, 2018, 12:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from psgmariner

Agree.

The negativity towards the club seems irreversible in some fans now. Whatever the news it always jumped on by someone and used to beat Fenty, Slade, The Trust or "the board" with. Mainly by people who do absolutely nothing to actually help. Log off the fishy for a bit and do something constructive!

Obviously if you are posting on here you are not going to be the sort of person who is in a position to buy the club but there are tonnes of ways to make things better.

Is it not something we can talk about? The sadness in this is that we had really great SLO in post until the club decided we needed another one.

Is it not constructive to attend games and support the team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 83
ginnywings
January 16, 2018, 12:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
But they cannot advertise a job, even a voluntary one, that precludes a certain section of the fans, especially one as vague as 'pressure groups'. That isn't people berating the club for the sake of it to point that out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 83
psgmariner
January 16, 2018, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it not something we can talk about? The sadness in this is that we had really great SLO in post until the club decided we needed another one.

Is it not constructive to attend games and support the team?

Of course it can be talked about. Personally I am just annoyed that even a friggin job advert results in 3 + pages of anti GTFC posts. If folk are genuinely interested in what pressure groups are affected then ring up and ask rather than jumping to conclusions that it's a massive FENTY conspiracy.

And yes, going and supporting the team is definitely constructive. Not sure how many on here actually do that. Hats off to you for making the trip so regularly from Leeds btw.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO Vacancy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.