2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
January 15, 2018, 2:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Good decision me thinks. As soon as Matt went off their player got up and played on as if nothing happened.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/club-to-appeal-matt-dismissal

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
January 15, 2018, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Don't think it will come off, unfortunately. Let's hope they don't add another match to the ban for a 'frivolous' appeal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Teestogreen
January 15, 2018, 4:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Didn't see this incident so can't comment, but in the away match at Accrington, Matt was consistently fouled from behind by the centre back (when challenging for high balls from the defence) - which the referee totally ignored and chose to give Matt a good talking to every time he was fouled. My view is - Matt is competitive in the air, as he has to be, but is not a malicious player.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
denni266
January 15, 2018, 5:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Hope they have a better camera angle than the one i have seen,, it does look like there was virtually no contact from the angle i saw it on and there player made a meal of it , I am  a qualified ref and no way was it any where near a red card
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Les Brechin
January 15, 2018, 5:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from denni266
Hope they have a better camera angle than the one i have seen,, it does look like there was virtually no contact from the angle i saw it on and there player made a meal of it , I am  a qualified ref and no way was it any where near a red card

If you're a qualified ref and that is how you saw  the incident, why would they need a better camera angle?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
denni266
January 15, 2018, 5:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from Les Brechin

If you're a qualified ref and that is how you saw  the incident, why would they need a better camera angle?

Because if you have to give a decision you have to be 100% sure  not guess. i could not tell from my angle so would not have given a red ,, also the linesman just flaged for a foul ,, he should have gone and spoke to him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
RichMariner
January 15, 2018, 5:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
From what I saw of the footage - and bearing in mind the ref's on-field decision - I doubt the decision will be overturned.

As harsh as some fans might think it was, there has to be conclusive evidence that the ref got it wrong at the time.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
moosey_club
January 15, 2018, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
if it was violent conduct that was cited then ;

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible"

i cannot see how the above would apply to what i witnessed on the day or even on video replay.  However if it was cited as serious foul play then that could stick....

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
cleethorpes_mariner
January 15, 2018, 9:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
The club film the game from both sides of the ground now so I would expect they have a better view on camera than the gantry one in the highlights.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
KingstonMariner
January 15, 2018, 9:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Good decision me thinks. As soon as Matt went off their player got up and played on as if nothing happened.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/club-to-appeal-matt-dismissal

That's what mates do.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club to appeal Jamille red card

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.