Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has He Gone Yet?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Has He Gone Yet?

This thread currently has 10,485 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
January 15, 2018, 4:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,737
Gold Stars: 80
He won't be sacked unless we're in genuine trouble.  JF has banked quite a lot on Slade coming in and making us a stable League 2 side until something happens with the stadium, at a guess.  They're obviously quite friendly with each other and I think JF still believes he is the right man for the job.  

According to what Burnsy and Lowther said on Sportstalk a week ago, he is on a 12-month rolling contract, so it wouldn't be the biggest financial disaster in the world to sack him.  I know some have suggested that a certain shareholder should pay him off out of his own pocket, but I'm not sure if that's even possible unless he was to loan us more money?

Anyway, I wouldn't get your hopes for any news today, or even in the near future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
headingly_mariner
January 15, 2018, 6:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MarinerDevil
He won't be sacked unless we're in genuine trouble.  JF has banked quite a lot on Slade coming in and making us a stable League 2 side until something happens with the stadium, at a guess.  They're obviously quite friendly with each other and I think JF still believes he is the right man for the job.  

According to what Burnsy and Lowther said on Sportstalk a week ago, he is on a 12-month rolling contract, so it wouldn't be the biggest financial disaster in the world to sack him.  I know some have suggested that a certain shareholder should pay him off out of his own pocket, but I'm not sure if that's even possible unless he was to loan us more money?

Anyway, I wouldn't get your hopes for any news today, or even in the near future.

It absolutely is possible. He just has to donate the club the money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
LeeVanCleef
January 15, 2018, 10:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I was merely saying US the fans would have a whip round in record time to pay him if we never had to see another minute of his crap football.

Apologies if my reply seemed a touch crass. It wasn't aimed at you personally, more that the only person that should have to fork out for this utter farce is the buffoon that brought it to us in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
grimsby pete
January 15, 2018, 10:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Mr Fenty will not be bullied into sacking his mate,  

Slade will do what he has done at nearly all his old clubs,

He will get his sales patter working on the board then agree to leave by mutual consent,

Then walk away with his pride in tact and a big cheque in his pocket.

BUT

It will not be for a few weeks yet  sorry.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
1mickylyons
January 16, 2018, 8:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from LeeVanCleef

Apologies if my reply seemed a touch crass. It wasn't aimed at you personally, more that the only person that should have to fork out for this utter farce is the buffoon that brought it to us in the first place.

100% agree and nowt wrong with your reply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
January 20, 2018, 9:37am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Reading the stuff on AA thread has just redoubled my thoughts that our slug of a manager needs to intercourse off out of our club. He’s just poisonous.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Grantham_Mariner
January 20, 2018, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Talk of change/adapting the way we play.Sounds encouraging but just wait and see the same team and substitutions we have seen before. I don't think we will see anything very different to what we have seen in the last few weeks. We will not see Asante, Clements, McAllister or Clifton while RS is still here. Hall- Johnson and Wright will not return and be given a chance. Looks like we will not be signing anyone else until the summer.

Although I do not think we will be relegated I do think it will be a close thing.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
January 20, 2018, 10:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Talk of change/adapting the way we play.Sounds encouraging but just wait and see the same team and substitutions we have seen before. I don't think we will see anything very different to what we have seen in the last few weeks. We will not see Asante, Clements, McAllister or Clifton while RS is still here. Hall- Johnson and Wright will not return and be given a chance. Looks like we will not be signing anyone else until the summer.

Although I do not think we will be relegated I do think it will be a close thing.

Hall Johnson deal is the weirdest thing in an increasingly weird set of signings/decisions. Can anyone explain what was the point of that deal and why we got rid after two days or whatever? It's so obvious he will never play here, so what on earth was the point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
Swansea_Mariner
January 20, 2018, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
So no wins in 8and Luton up next, yikes!

I wonder if a failure to win either of the next two (Luton and Yeovil) will be enough to get Sladehead gone for goods? Or do we think we will continue to limp on a while longer yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
TheRealJohnLewis
January 21, 2018, 8:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Steve Claridge is doing a good job for Salisbury, he would be a good appointment but is very unlikely to move up north.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has He Gone Yet?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.