This thread currently has 4,268 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Bentley
January 14, 2018, 7:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -997
We lose at Colchester this is my message to every Grimsby town fan far and wide. Show fenty and the board this is what you could have had. Sell out every home stand so we can tell fenty and his co directors and russell slade this is our club not yours. Would something happen the next day id put my mortgage on it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
January 14, 2018, 7:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bentley
We lose at Colchester this is my message to every Grimsby town fan far and wide. Show fenty and the board this is what you could have had. Sell out every home stand so we can tell fenty and his co directors and russell slade this is our club not yours. Would something happen the next day id put my mortgage on it.

We lose against Colchester by more than the odd goal and there will be less Town fans against Luton than Newport, the gate may be higher but certainly less Town fans. Rallying calls are dead on their feet until we see some action from both the board and players. the club knows the support it could have but it rarely does anything to consolidate or grow the passion Town fans have.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bentley

Have yo given up on the protests and banners ideas so soon? Your ideas are more random than Slade's team selections.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Bentley
January 14, 2018, 7:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -997
If we can get 20000 to Wembley as a one of game. Why Carnt we have 6500 town fans there against Luton not for football reasons but a show of unity. Against the board and slade. Every body in the main stand and pontoon finders upper and lower banners or singing slade out from the first whistle to the last job done slade gone as simply as that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
He will stand and fall on his results and the way it's going at the moment, he won't be around for much longer, unless there is an upturn of course, which isn't an impossibility. Seen stranger things in my time.

Just let it play out would be my thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
chaos33
January 14, 2018, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
My worry is that it has played out and this is wasted precious time. The writing is definitely on the wall.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
mariner91
January 14, 2018, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
This has got to be a troll account surely? Nobody is this simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2018, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
He will stand and fall on his results and the way it's going at the moment, he won't be around for much longer, unless there is an upturn of course, which isn't an impossibility. Seen stranger things in my time.

Just let it play out would be my thinking.

Maybe - but don't you think that Slade is just a sideshow to the main problem. With due respect, Jon Wood is unlikely to have a say as he represents an organisation that represents fans. Beyond that, you've got a retired solicitor, a retired accountant with limited people skills and a 79 year old racehorse trainer that last had a winner over jumps in 2016 and hasn't had a winner on the Flat for over 1000 days. Hardly dynamic is it?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33
My worry is that it has played out and this is wasted precious time. The writing is definitely on the wall.

But it goes back to what you said previously. The club has painted itself into a corner by backing him 'unequivocally' and now have nowhere to go. They can't well sack him a week later can they?

Well they could...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Grimbiggs
January 14, 2018, 7:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Troll account by far, Bentley must have been on juice to come out with so many ludicrous statements over the weekend?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All home ends sold out against luton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.