3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 14, 2018, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
i take it all this talk of new managers is for next October/November once Slades new summer squad hasnt pulled up any trees ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Mariner_09
January 14, 2018, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Where do we go now though? We appointed Bignot who was up and coming and full of bright ideas about everything, it fails. We then go old and boring, he’s allegedly a safe pair of hands but his career is in freefall, his signings have been awful and he’s allowed some of our best and most creative players to leave. Do we go, young and up and coming again? Appoint Robbie Stockdale as a left field option? I don’t know, it isn’t my decision fortunately but if it were I would ask for applications, do some due diligence before inviting people for interviews and see if they are what they seem.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 14, 2018, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
What worries me, is the points that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

We're 17th in the table, -11 goal difference and 5 of the teams below us have a game in hand.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
January 14, 2018, 10:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is Hope Powell available?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
jamesgtfc
January 15, 2018, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
I have seen a few Boston games this season under all 3 managers (Hawley was caretaker for a few games) and they were very poor under Murray. Murray is very well regarded as a coach and is computer literate but managing at Conference North level is completely different.

Elliott has been a breath of fresh air and signed some ex Town players in Paul Walker and Andi Thanoj. Interestingly a few of his Shaw Lane players have made the step up. In order to attract players Boston are still part time but train in Nottingham whilst Elliott is currently a school teacher in Pontefract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
moosey_club
January 15, 2018, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I have seen a few Boston games this season under all 3 managers (Hawley was caretaker for a few games) and they were very poor under Murray. Murray is very well regarded as a coach and is computer literate but managing at Conference North level is completely different.

Elliott has been a breath of fresh air and signed some ex Town players in Paul Walker and Andi Thanoj. Interestingly a few of his Shaw Lane players have made the step up. In order to attract players Boston are still part time but train in Nottingham whilst Elliott is currently a school teacher in Pontefract.

Cowleys, Slade .....previously school teachers...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst & Cowley MK2 already in Lincolnshire

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.