4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
January 14, 2018, 9:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,992
Gold Stars: 69
Last week the board published its plan to get gtfc out of the mess. How are they doing?

1 Reduce size of squad....confirmed release of two players who were already out on loan.
2. Increase quality of the match day squad. Young striker who was already lined up to join confirmed. Slade says we have two other targets but may not come until the summer
3. Bringing goals....one is better than none
4. Bringing buzz to Blundell Park.....don't think so
5. Inject money .....we look forward to it being spent wisely
6. There will be bumps on the road. Achieved with our fourth consecutive bump losing yesterday. Will Colchester away next time up be the turning point?

Seventeen days and three games to closing of transfer window. Time is running out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
louth_in_the_south
January 14, 2018, 9:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
It was all spin to try and quell the tide of anger building against JF and the management team . Slade knows he won’t be given the £££ to sign any strikers who could make a difference, that’s why he said that he probably wouldn’t be able to get who he wants till the summer. The downward spiral we’re on will make it hard to sign any players I’d guess . Most players out there will probably know a player or at at least be able to find out on the grapevine what’s going on at town which will be another negative to getting anyone half decent in .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
IlkleyMariner
January 21, 2018, 11:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,992
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Last week the board published its plan to get gtfc out of the mess. How are they doing?

1 Reduce size of squad....confirmed release of two players who were already out on loan.
2. Increase quality of the match day squad. Young striker who was already lined up to join confirmed. Slade says we have two other targets but may not come until the summer
3. Bringing goals....one is better than none
4. Bringing buzz to Blundell Park.....don't think so
5. Inject money .....we look forward to it being spent wisely
6. There will be bumps on the road. Achieved with our fourth consecutive bump losing yesterday. Will Colchester away next time up be the turning point?

Seventeen days and three games to closing of transfer window. Time is running out.

Two weeks in....

1. No further progress
2. No further progress
3. Another goal. Well done
4. Wait and see
5. No further progress
6. Progress with a draw

Ten days to go before transfer window closes. Need to beat Yeovil away as a minimum

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
GrimRob
January 21, 2018, 12:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
We are expected to lose next week so, in a sense, the pressure is off. It would be nice to see the players go for it rather than just contain Luton.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 36
ginnywings
January 21, 2018, 12:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Sadly Ilkley, i fear the club are looking to next season now and have taken their eye off the ball. It is quite feasible that we could be 6 points from the danger zone on Saturday having played a game more. The bottom teams are not just creeping up on us, they are racing toward us, having gained 4 points in 2 weeks. The extra game we squeezed in against Morecambe was a disaster. Losing to a team lower than us with a worse goal scoring record  should have got the alarm bells ringing loudly in the boardroom. The next ten days could be pivotal for us and i don't want to be looking back at the end of the season thinking what might have been. Those players they say are 'over inflated' now, will be way beyond our reach if we fall out of the league again.

In my view, all those responsible for running the club, plus management and coaching staff need to get in a room, get some food and drink, lock the door, and don't come out until they have thrashed out a plan to make sure we don't slip up. The last 8 games, we are averaging 0.3 points per game and that is way way beyond relegation form. For me, that is sacking territory, so the club either need to sack him or back him and open those purse strings pronto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Marinerz93
January 21, 2018, 12:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Ginny "Those players they say are 'over inflated' now, will be way beyond our reach if we fall out of the league again."

This should be as loud and clear as a boats fog horn on Fenty's shoulder also there isn't the same spirit from the fans this time round like the season we went through the trapdoor, people are fed up with Sladeball and Fenty.

It is also the comment that concerns me the most, to me it means we are not willing to pay for the quality we need to keep us away from the trapdoor and the board and Sladeball are playing a dangerous game with the clubs future. For me the club and Sladeball have made the sort of comments the fans want to hear to ease tensions but in reality they are just sat on their hands waiting for football fortune to turn around.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Bigdog
January 21, 2018, 12:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Sadly Ilkley, i fear the club are looking to next season now and have taken their eye off the ball. It is quite feasible that we could be 6 points from the danger zone on Saturday having played a game more. The bottom teams are not just creeping up on us, they are racing toward us, having gained 4 points in 2 weeks. The extra game we squeezed in against Morecambe was a disaster. Losing to a team lower than us with a worse goal scoring record  should have got the alarm bells ringing loudly in the boardroom. The next ten days could be pivotal for us and i don't want to be looking back at the end of the season thinking what might have been. Those players they say are 'over inflated' now, will be way beyond our reach if we fall out of the league again.

In my view, all those responsible for running the club, plus management and coaching staff need to get in a room, get some food and drink, lock the door, and don't come out until they have thrashed out a plan to make sure we don't slip up. The last 8 games, we are averaging 0.3 points per game and that is way way beyond relegation form. For me, that is sacking territory, so the club either need to sack him or back him and open those purse strings pronto.

The problem is Ginny, that they have already done that.. twice.

The first was the Fan's Forum, they really planned everything then including the Slade powerpoint presentation, and look how that turned out. The second resulted in the official statement a week or two back.

We are talking about people that are already operating at their maximum capacities of ability and funding. Putting them all in a room once more and hoping they come up with anything better or different would be a pointless exercise and chucking more money around for the same people to spend? Are we sure there would be any significant return on investment.

Sometimes people try their best and it's just never going to be good enough, when what they are trying to achieve is beyond their capabilities..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
mariner91
January 21, 2018, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,583
Gold Stars: 260
It would appear as though they just said the right things to try to appease the fans because even our board couldn't have been so blind to not realise there was a huge amount of malcontent brewing. As it is, the fact we've seen virtually no movement suggests to me that they're not willing to put the money in that's needed to get the required players. Either that or they don't think there's a real urgency for new players which would suggest, quite shockingly, that they're not too alarmed by the recent performances and results.

Whatever the reason behind the lack of players in, it could result in us losing our FL status again which would be far more costly than stumping up for a couple of good players. Not like Fenty to be short-sighted when it comes to his cost cutting is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
Grimbiggs
January 21, 2018, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
As already mentioned I think the next month is pivotal, of the games most winnable we've three away matches against Yeovil, Crawley and Cambridge and the home game against Cheltenham. Unless we manage to beat either Luton or Exeter in between, we are going to need at least 6 points from those games, otherwise we're going to be in a real dogfight for relegation, and the board will have left it to late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2018, 1:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
[In my view, all those responsible for running the club, plus management and coaching staff need to get in a room, get some food and drink, lock the door, and don't come out until they have thrashed out a plan to make sure we don't slip up. The last 8 games, we are averaging 0.3 points per game and that is way way beyond relegation form. For me, that is sacking territory, so the club either need to sack him or back him and open those purse strings pronto. [/quote]

I completely agree we lose Saturday the bottom 2 win and then win their game in hand in theory we could end up 3 off the drop zone.

The plan for me is JF sacks Slade, the board get their hands in their pockets and pay for the privilege that the role gives you like dancing on the pitch at Wembley. Then get a half decent manager and give him enough  money for no more than 3 players, a poacher, a wide flyer and a left back.That should keep us up.

I am convinced if we go down we will end up staying there. The board still have time to act but no action will mean that the danger of the drop increases. We have an average squad others are building and adding better than what they have we are just hoping for the best.

When we came up we had such an opportunity and opportunity that has been wasted by poor decision making at numerous levels on and off the pitch. It was a hard road back to the Football League and the likes of our board appear to have forgot that.

If the likes of Fenty, Day and Marley think they are not popular now if we go down they should be tarred, feathered and  driven out of the Town.

UTM!

P.S. - Only joking about the tar and feathers but relegation would be unforgivable.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board backing Slade/Wilko....week one update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.