Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Doe anyone think Slade should stay ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 170 Guests

Doe anyone think Slade should stay ?

This thread currently has 8,960 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
January 14, 2018, 10:15am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
I don't exactly want Slade to stay but am not overly keen for him to be sacked atm.  I will add this with the caveat that I haven't been able to get to too many games this season so have not been too often suffering what sounds increasingly dreadful. My issuse is I simply don't have any faith in the board to get the right person in, to not just allow the new manager to overhaul the squad completely wasting more money as we release players signed by Slade and he signs his own bunch of useless mercenaries who take forever to gel and so the cycle goes on.

I don't know what we do to be honest with our current board and non-chairmen in place as think they are responsible for trying to undo all the good work we (and they to be fair for their parts) achieved in getting back into the league.   .    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Stadium
January 14, 2018, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from mariner91
Surely there is an emergency meeting of the board planned for either today or tomorrow? They can't have watched yesterday's display or seen the form table and thought all is hunky dory?

It's blatantly obvious from most of their decisions in the last six months that the board couldn't give two shits what the fans think so social media, in my opinion, is unlikely to play much of a role in any sacking despite the near hysteria on there. However, given that Fenty and Co have found themselves in this very position before, you'd like to think that their footballing acumen is not so terrible that they can't fail to recognise a side that is in free-fall and is not playing for the manager? I won't hold my breath.

Why would there be after this previously:

The Board met yesterday and voted unequivocally to support the existing management team financially in the current January transfer window and throughout the summer to continue their rebuilding exercise of the playing squad.

Nothing has changed apart from yesterdays result.
In my opinion RS wasn't the correct choice from day one  but I can't see any advantage of sacking him in the middle of a transfer window.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
mariner91
January 14, 2018, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Stadium

Why would there be after this previously:

The Board met yesterday and voted unequivocally to support the existing management team financially in the current January transfer window and throughout the summer to continue their rebuilding exercise of the playing squad.

Nothing has changed apart from yesterdays result.
In my opinion RS wasn't the correct choice from day one  but I can't see any advantage of sacking him in the middle of a transfer window.

You're right, I don't expect there to be a meeting with our current board but I think a board who had an ounce of footballing acumen would be having a meeting and promptly. The body language of our players and the apparent fragility of any confidence they have shows that the manager isn't getting the best out of the limited group he has.  Given the performances of late and the almost irrefutable fact that if we don't score first we'll lose, it's got to a point where you have to think that the man in charge is no longer capable of motivating his team. Once he's lost the ability to instill confidence and belief in a team, it's very rare that he'll be able to turn that around.

If we had a few  more points on board you could argue that it would make sense in terms of stability to give the manager until the summer, allow him to clear out the deadwood and rebuild the squad (although that doesn't take into account how abject his recruitment has been, personally I don't want him to spend another penny). However, there is a very real possibility that we might go down. If that happens, I really fear for the future of the club in it's current form. Surely the board recognise the impending danger and would rather look slightly foolish and sack a manager so soon after backing him (it wouldn't be the first time anyway and it's not like we could think any less of our board) but in doing so could stop the unthinkable happening. Rather than sticking to their ill-advised and ill-thought out statement backing a past-it manager to try and create an illusion of stability and long-termism?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
louth_in_the_south
January 14, 2018, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Those sort of statements are made by boards on the edge . I don’t see the backing they talked about happening so that tells anyone with an ounce of intelligence all you need to know .
Sladeys a dead man walking towards a nice little payoff the lucky t.wat

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
OllieGTFC
January 14, 2018, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I’ll be honest actually thought he would be Alrite but clearly not my mind was made up yesterday

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Mariner_09
January 14, 2018, 11:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I think we should put the lad who was shouting at the top of voice saying “do something, change the formation” in the main stand yesterday in charge!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
lee65
January 14, 2018, 11:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Well, you ask for honesty, in a way I think we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t

I guess on balance I would pay him (and Wilko) off, let Dave Moore run it until the end of the season, and pretty much work with the players we have, who with better motivation and some tactical nouse should achieve safety and relative stability

I’m afraid that’s the best we can hope for at this depressing and worrying time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
rancido
January 14, 2018, 11:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I’ll be honest actually thought he would be Alrite but clearly not my mind was made up yesterday

I think you are like a lot of fans who thought he could repeat what he did for us last time he was here. That , coupled with his time at Cardiff and Orient, generated an opinion that he would be ok. The fact that he did nothing and was sacked at his two previous clubs seemed to have been ignored by his devotees. I never wanted him back based on his contempt for the fans and club when he finally left us and his last two appointments. He had " peaked " as a manager and he was becoming a " dinosaur " in his tactics and approach to the game.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
OneLove
January 14, 2018, 11:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
just watch how comfortable he is in the interview with tonsure yesterday, sat down sipping a brew like nothings happened, continuously bullshitting his way through it all and won't even apologies to the fans for murder scene he's been putting us through all season. The guys a pillock and needs getting rid of asap along with his companion. RIP GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
OllieGTFC
January 14, 2018, 11:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Quoted from rancido

I think you are like a lot of fans who thought he could repeat what he did for us last time he was here. That , coupled with his time at Cardiff and Orient, generated an opinion that he would be ok. The fact that he did nothing and was sacked at his two previous clubs seemed to have been ignored by his devotees. I never wanted him back based on his contempt for the fans and club when he finally left us and his last two appointments. He had " peaked " as a manager and he was becoming a " dinosaur " in his tactics and approach to the game.

Yeah your probably right, thing is he knows these leagues I really don’t get it tbh something is not right at the club specially at the top it’s shambles, maybe right for Slade to take a break from football like most of managers do

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Doe anyone think Slade should stay ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.