3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 13, 2018, 10:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Maybe its not the players fault just the pillock that is conducting them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
RoboCod
January 13, 2018, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I missed the verdict …was he guilty or innocent?  

He got 2 years!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Davec
January 14, 2018, 6:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Guilty for crimes against football
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
ex-merseymariner
January 14, 2018, 9:32am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from livosnose
I would be handing in a transfer request if a guy with vernons record of scoring was getting a game of ahead of me ! Kelly is a classic example of weak hearted s@hit out winger , he makes Gary Child's look like Bobby Cummings.

For all the abuse Woolford gets, he looks so much more of a proper footballer than Kelly - my main memory of Kelly so far is yelling 'make a challenge' at him as he sauntered around at BP in a cameo sub appearance.   Kelly makes Woolford look like Paul Bolland, tackling-wise

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
mariner91
January 14, 2018, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,608
Gold Stars: 260
My main memory of Kelly was him receiving the ball wide left with about ten yards of space early on in the game away at Stevenage. Instead of driving at the full back and taking advantage of the good position he found himself in, he was too scared of potentially being on the end of a tackle so he meekly dribbled out of play. I'd already seen enough of him against Chesterfield and Coventry to know that he'd been a poor signing but Christ on a bike I couldn't believe we'd signed a winger who'd rather just run out of play than try to take their full back on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Davec
January 14, 2018, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I remember when we signed Kelly and Paul Wilkinson proudly announced that Dembele and Kelly could take us to the next level
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
mariner91
January 14, 2018, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,608
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Davec
I remember when we signed Kelly and Paul Wilkinson proudly announced that Dembele and Kelly could take us to the next level

In his defence, he didn't say which way or which level they could take us to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
rancido
January 14, 2018, 11:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Davec
Guilty for crimes against football

A bit like Woolford -  a sheep in footballers clothing .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Maringer
January 14, 2018, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Regarding Hooper, he's certainly got something about his game, but he's not exactly an all-action sort of a player. If he was played week-in and week-out, I'd imagine he'd reach double figures in the scoring stakes, but I don't think you'd get much else out of him and we're not nearly good enough to carry this sort of a player.

From the odd appearance I've seen from Kelly, he seems to be relatively nippy and has a good close control but he never actually did anything when he got the ball at his feet and disappeared out of the games very quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Madeleymariner
January 14, 2018, 2:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Maringer
Regarding Hooper, he's certainly got something about his game, but he's not exactly an all-action sort of a player. If he was played week-in and week-out, I'd imagine he'd reach double figures in the scoring stakes, but I don't think you'd get much else out of him and we're not nearly good enough to carry this sort of a player.

From the odd appearance I've seen from Kelly, he seems to be relatively nippy and has a good close control but he never actually did anything when he got the ball at his feet and disappeared out of the games very quickly.

Which is what every Vale fan was saying to me when he signed. And if you look at that showreel of his on YouTube you can see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hooper & Kelly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.