ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33
You know what - this club had a quality finisher 2 seasons ago. We loved him and he loved us. He played against us today, and the poor decisions of people who run GTFC allowed him to slip away from us. Our current manager, of course, doesn't think he's the 'type of player he's looking for'. Yeah, why is that? Because he scores goals? For me, this encapsulates every sad aspect of what has happened to us since we returned to the league. A player truly loved, and who did us proud, playing against us, whilst we muddle onwards with a bunch of so called strikers who don't have that relationship with the fans, and who are less of a goal threat as an aggregated group than Podge is on his own.

For me, this absolutely captures how we've gone backwards since our promotion and killed off any momentum we might have had through mismanagement.

Yep. One of the very few happy memories i have of Town in the last few years is hundreds of fans on the Wembley concourse before and at half time of the game singing the "we got Amond" song over and over while pints of beer were flying everywhere. Think that's the last time the fans were truly united behind the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
denni266
January 13, 2018, 9:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
IMO You could bet your last quid that if someone came along and  said here john , here is 2 mill plus another half a mil   . and we will buy your shares for face value.. he would find an excuse not to accept
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
January 13, 2018, 9:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
IMO You could bet your last quid that if someone came along and  said here john , here is 2 mill plus another half a mil   . and we will buy your shares for face value.. he would find an excuse not to accept

Like the American firm you mean? Actually silly me, the reason we didn't want the Americans in is because Mr Fenty values the fans opinions on the board which we wouldn't get with the Americans. Compared to now were our views and concerns are valued.
Reply: 22 - 26
ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 9:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from denni266

I'm betting he would accept in a shot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Marinerz93
January 13, 2018, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm betting he would accept in a shot.

I would wager it would come with a covenant, like director for life, as alleged in a previous take over bid.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Mariner_09
January 13, 2018, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
We’ll never know the truth about what happened between Podge and Hurst but we do know he was offered a 2.5 year deal in Jan and then rejected it. We then know, he wasn’t nearly as effective in 2nd half of the season in the Conference when people sussed him out and his record against table topping teams was poor. 1 penalty against the top 5. We then know he was offered a one year contract and didn’t like it so sodded off to Hartlepool. Personally, I feel in retrospect that Podge and Omar with Arnold and Toto still here would have made us a very prominent side in L2 and maybe, just maybe if JF had given Hurst what he wanted (a bigger budget and that S&C coach) then we’d have signed better players with the Bogle money and be in a much better position

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
MarinersOnTheUp
January 13, 2018, 10:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Never employ friends , never ends well.

Definitely.

Although I was trying to imply that if Slade wasn’t friends with Fenty then Bignot may not have been sacked and Slade may not have been hired the next day...

Maybe 😬

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.