davmariner
January 13, 2018, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Fenty,

You and Slade are taking this club back to the Conference. Do us all a favour and get rid of Slade and at least give us a fighting chance of staying up.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
jonnyboy82
January 13, 2018, 8:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Thing is appointing Russell slade has made this club go back five years.

For the life of me I can't see why fenty appointed him, he was on a downward spiral and his career was in freefall.

Football has moved on from being the headmaster with a projector in a classroom.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
MarinersOnTheUp
January 13, 2018, 8:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from jonnyboy82
For the life of me I can't see why fenty appointed him, he was on a downward spiral and his career was in freefall

Slade and Fenty are close friends...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Marinerz93
January 13, 2018, 8:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Fenty, what are you about, because all I can see is utter failure, what is going to be your legacy, what will people remember you for, isn't it about time you and the other abject failures brought someone in to make a success out of the club.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
jonnyboy82
January 13, 2018, 8:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

Slade and Fenty are close friends...

Never employ friends , never ends well.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
arryarryarry
January 13, 2018, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Sussexmariner
This “Fenty out” thing is getting tiresome

Fenty wants to leave, he’s had enough of it all, but NO ONE want to Buy GTFC at this moment in time.

If you had £2 million in The club town would you just happily walk away and say goodbye to that kind of money? no you wouldn’t. What he needs to do is get rid of Russell Slade tonight, invest more money and hopefully he will be able to sell the club

I've said it before and will say it again, decisions by Fenty and the board took this club out of the Football League and cost the club somewhere in the region of £3,000,000. They don't deserve a penny back.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
MarinerDevil
January 13, 2018, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,635
Gold Stars: 78
The club is sustainable for now, but nobody can know what will happen in the months and years to come.  I've seen people make the argument that if the board walked tomorrow there'd be 5000 at the next game.  They might be right, but that number would only last until we have another significant dry spell on the pitch, which is inevitable.

We have about 2.5k hardcore who will always be here, but to be competitive we'd rely heavily on attracting casual fans to maintain our budget.  We can never be sure that those casuals will stay around for good.  Having a benefactor like Fenty in place - and I'm certainly no Fenty fan, by the way - at least ensures that losses can be dealt with in the short term.

Also, people should be glad that we paid him £200k back last year.  With every penny he's paid back, the reality of him selling up creeps nearer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
headingly_mariner
January 13, 2018, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113

Fenty wants to leave, he’s had enough of it all, but NO ONE want to Buy GTFC at this moment in time.

If you had £2 million in The club town would you just happily walk away and say goodbye to that kind of money? no you wouldn’t. What he needs to do is get rid of Russell Slade tonight, invest more money and hopefully he will be able to sell the club

Is he ever likely to get it back?

That money is a major stumbling block in taking the club forward. If he really wants to leave he'd write it off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
paramariner
January 13, 2018, 8:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 7

Think your right, but John could maybe restore a little faith if he was to get his cheque book out and actually BUY a quality finisher instead of going for freebies. PLEASE!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
chaos33
January 13, 2018, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
You know what - this club had a quality finisher 2 seasons ago. We loved him and he loved us. He played against us today, and the poor decisions of people who run GTFC allowed him to slip away from us. Our current manager, of course, doesn't think he's the 'type of player he's looking for'. Yeah, why is that? Because he scores goals? For me, this encapsulates every sad aspect of what has happened to us since we returned to the league. A player truly loved, and who did us proud, playing against us, whilst we muddle onwards with a bunch of so called strikers who don't have that relationship with the fans, and who are less of a goal threat as an aggregated group than Podge is on his own.

For me, this absolutely captures how we've gone backwards since our promotion and killed off any momentum we might have had through mismanagement.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.