5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
January 13, 2018, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Slade showed utter and complete contempt for every paying fan today, and indeed those who have understandably chosen to stay away, when he refused to answer Tondeur's question on what he had to say to the fans.

An opportunity to apologise for recent performances, to say we must stick together, to assure them he's doing all he can to turn things round, even to thank them for continuing to show up week in week out for nothing in return. But no, not Russ. Just like Fenty he chooses to hear the minority (and it really was a minority) who sporadically called for his head and showed their discontent as being representative of all Town fans, and as such not worthy of his words.

Ironically, he suggested he needed to stay professional at this point - no Russ, you missed the chance to be that and instead showed how little you value the money forked out by loyal fans who paid once again to watch a team that was comfortably beaten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
You lose trust Russ, you lose trust..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
chaos33
January 13, 2018, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Professionalism?! Don't make me laugh. Professionalism is demonstrated by competence. If GTFC do their PR on the pitch, where do they do their professionalism? On the pitch as well? Load of cobblers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
headingly_mariner
January 13, 2018, 6:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Bigdog
You lose trust Russ, you lose trust..

Brilliant!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Professionalism?! Don't make me laugh. Professionalism is demonstrated by competence. If GTFC do their PR on the pitch, where do they do their professionalism? On the pitch as well? Load of cobblers.

Spot on Chaos..

Makes them look even more like a bunch of unprofessional chancers at the Fan's Forum..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
HertsGTFC
January 13, 2018, 6:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33

Exactly!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
gary_elton
January 13, 2018, 6:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Here's a message for you Russ....  there's a road out of town.... most folk here would love you to take it.... but you probably want to squeeze the last penny and life out of our club... the one that means so much to us... it's blatantly obvious now that you couldn't care less and just want your own comforts... oh... I'd best say allegedly... just in case... but I for one will be glad when you've left ( again.... )  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
golfer
January 13, 2018, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
If we can't afford to sack you Slade do the decent thing and fall on your sword.You say their is no rush to make signings and it is ok to wait until the summer-is that because you haven't been doing your homework on players like last summer . We do need new players but I doubt you are the man to find them' If you have ever thought anything of this club now is the time to show it-just GO before it is too late for us. You are not the only one to blame-another is the person who appointed you. Please do the decent thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
GrimRob
January 13, 2018, 6:56pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Of course we can afford to sack him. How much do sub 2000 crowds wipe off the balance sheet?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 13, 2018, 6:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
He’s out of his depth sack him now and sack his dreary no 2 Wilkinson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
Mrs Doyle
January 13, 2018, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
.........................and take Woolford with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Gaffer58
January 13, 2018, 7:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
At this moment in time if Slade is sacked or walks(very unlikely) who is daft enough to give him another job, oh wait Mr Fenty will in a few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
Ipswin
January 13, 2018, 7:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gaffer58
At this moment in time if Slade is sacked or walks(very unlikely) who is daft enough to give him another job, oh wait Mr Fenty will in a few years.

Don't worry There's no way Slade will want to manage in the Conference North

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 13, 2018, 8:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
After this disaster Slade won’t manage in the league again honestly think it’s obvious to everyone his career is all but finished
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
rancido
January 13, 2018, 8:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Some of The Nearly Man's quotes in todays GET.

" I think I'm more of a builder than a quick fixer ".
The " quick fixer  " is a possible reference to his sacking from his last two clubs ( where he was sacked after 14 games at each ). He must be the only manager I can think of who was sacked from two clubs in one season and then appointed at a third before the end of the season. As far as a " builder " is concerned then one must assume that his signings to date are part of his plan to build for the future. Well, as far as Dixon, Woolford , Kelly and JJ are concerned then I can only assume he is building for a non-league future.

" It was quite heavily overloaded when I came here and it's much less now than what it was. We were a good 30 something and it really needs to be a 20 something "
If that was the case then why make so many signings in the summer. Why not use that as an opportunity to reduce the squad and only sign players for essential positions eg a left back and a cover for the two existing centre backs. The signing of Dembeli was one for the future and then work with what we had. He released a lot of players and then promptly replaced them with nothing better.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't worry There's no way Slade will want to manage in the Conference North

With his recent record, would anyone want him, even in that league?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
grimps
January 14, 2018, 2:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from golfer
If we can't afford to sack you Slade do the decent thing and fall on your sword.You say their is no rush to make signings and it is ok to wait until the summer-is that because you haven't been doing your homework on players like last summer . We do need new players but I doubt you are the man to find them' If you have ever thought anything of this club now is the time to show it-just GO before it is too late for us. You are not the only one to blame-another is the person who appointed you. Please do the decent thing.

Has he ever fell on his sword at the last 3 clubs that have sacked him ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
rancido
January 14, 2018, 11:33am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimps

Has he ever fell on his sword at the last 3 clubs that have sacked him ?

The fact that he was sacked shows he never fell on his sword. He won't jump , he will have to be pushed.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2018, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
The club is broken from the very top down. From Fenty to his team of yes men on the board, to the management and the players.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
cmackenzie4
January 14, 2018, 12:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The club is broken from the very top down. From Fenty to his team of yes men on the board, to the management and the players.

Exactly my thoughts too OC.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
jonnyboy82
January 14, 2018, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I realised just how messed up this club is as soon as that idiot board member bob marley started speaking at the fans forum.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2018, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I realised just how messed up this club is as soon as that idiot board member bob marley started speaking at the fans forum.

When a board member tells a fan to shut up, when the board as a collective fail to speak up for the fans (Bragate) and when they engineer for their own SLO, there's a problem. When their stewards prevent a fan from unfurling a banner, they know there's a problem. They have broken the bond between the club & its' fans and they need to seriously contemplate how much damage they are now doing to the future of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
RoboCod
January 14, 2018, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Like I said a few posts back, Marley is an embarrassment, the sort of thing you carefully hide from view, keep from the public spotlight and hope no one ever discovers him.

Of course our bunch happily parade him in front of the media and let him do his own thing as if it's normal.
It is of course quite normal at BP these days.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Vance Warner
January 14, 2018, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
I wonder if Slade would have been more accepted initially if JF had let him answer questions on why he agreed to leave before the Cardiff debacle. I suspect he wasn't allowed to answer the question because it would paint our great leader in a bad light.

Anyway it's far too late for him to win the fans round now. The sooner he goes the better so we can get enough points on the board to survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
arryarryarry
January 14, 2018, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
.........................and take Woolford with you.

There's quite a few I would like to see him take with him.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
denni266
January 14, 2018, 8:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Think Fenty should take notice... most fans that have stayed away will not come back while slade is here , I know i wont
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 14, 2018, 9:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Same ... no connection between fans and people who run the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
RichMariner
January 14, 2018, 10:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Not one fan wanted Slade to be re-appointed at this football club.

He was always facing an uphill challenge to win us over - the value in doing so, is that when you hit a sticky patch the fans afford you more time, because you speak honestly, truthfully and respectfully.

Not Slade.

He's returned, he doesn't give a fcuk about the fans and is as narrow-minded and blinkered as the man who hired him.

My issue with this whole thing is that we all saw this coming an absolute mile off.

As soon as Hurst went to Shrewsbury, there wasn't another manager with the magic touch just waiting in the wings.

Bignot was the right sort of appointment at the time because he truly was a builder, not a fixer. His record showed he built things over seasons, not months, which is why it was a mistake to sack him - especially after a victory.

So even the way we sacked our previous manager and hired our current one was done shoddily.

John Fenty is an embarrassment. Russell Slade is an embarrassment. I hope one day they're both long gone and we have a progressive board that has some kind of long-term plan, rather than simply throwing money at plugging holes in a sinking ship.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
marinernige
January 15, 2018, 5:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from RichMariner
Not one fan wanted Slade to be re-appointed at this football club.

He was always facing an uphill challenge to win us over - the value in doing so, is that when you hit a sticky patch the fans afford you more time, because you speak honestly, truthfully and respectfully.

Not Slade.

He's returned, he doesn't give a fcuk about the fans and is as narrow-minded and blinkered as the man who hired him.

My issue with this whole thing is that we all saw this coming an absolute mile off.

As soon as Hurst went to Shrewsbury, there wasn't another manager with the magic touch just waiting in the wings.

Bignot was the right sort of appointment at the time because he truly was a builder, not a fixer. His record showed he built things over seasons, not months, which is why it was a mistake to sack him - especially after a victory.

So even the way we sacked our previous manager and hired our current one was done shoddily.

John Fenty is an embarrassment. Russell Slade is an embarrassment. I hope one day they're both long gone and we have a progressive board that has some kind of long-term plan, rather than simply throwing money at plugging holes in a sinking ship.

Great post Richmariner ,totally agree with all you've said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
golfer
January 15, 2018, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
"My head is shrouded in darkness,the noose slowly tightens round my neck,but I believe,I believe that the tide will soon turn".  For fks sake Slade get real.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 316[b
]Not one fan wanted Slade to be re-appointed at this football club.
[/b]

Not Slade.

Great post except for the highlighted bit ! Quite a few fans on here were pleased when he was appointed and expressed that opinion on here. I never wanted him back and expressed that opinion but was frequently criticised on here for that point of view. Any posts that I made questioning his appointment was received with a barrage of red crosses. Strangely although I never wanted him back in a way I still wanted him to succeed because his failure would damage the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Madeleymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from rancido

Great post except for the highlighted bit ! Quite a few fans on here were pleased when he was appointed and expressed that opinion on here. I never wanted him back and expressed that opinion but was frequently criticised on here for that point of view. Any posts that I made questioning his appointment was received with a barrage of red crosses. Strangely although I never wanted him back in a way I still wanted him to succeed because his failure would damage the club.

You weren'i the only one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
friskneymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Wonder where all the pro Slade fans are now, I am genuinely interested what they think.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 15, 2018, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Definitely not a Slade fan but I honestly thought he was a safe pair of hands in that relegation wouldn’t be on the agenda. I thought the contacts he should have in the game would be enough to pick up the right type of players for even a play off push .  Clearly very wrong the only thing he seems good at is spinning well at least attempting to spin away every dreadful performance to the media.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Having read Slades remarks in todays GET I cannot believe how delusional he is. The classic comment is where  he is discussing Matt's red card . " ... and that was quite key at the time because I thought we had the momentum with the substitutions we'd made". I think he must have overlooked the fact that Matt was sent off in the 89th minute and even though we had pulled one goal back we didn't really look likely to get another in 1 minute pus AET !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
[quote=110]

You weren'i the only one[/quote

I think two of his "fans " have already given me red crosses and I'm sure more will follow but sometimes the truth really does hurt!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
friskneymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Oh yeah there are definitely 2 Slade fans left who red cross any anti Slade post

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2018, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from friskneymariner
Wonder where all the pro Slade fans are now, I am genuinely interested what they think.

Well we are still here, in a pragmatic sort of a way.

Memory plays tricks, but there certainly wasn't an outcry on here or elsewhere when he was appointed. Some moaned of course, but some fans always do whenever a new manager is installed. I was pleased because he was known to Fenty, and has a good career since leaving here for the first time.

Fans turned up in quite good numbers for his first games in charge, in fact I remember BP was quite buzzing when he won his first game against Cambridge.

It started to go awry in the summer when he couldn't land his main targets; in hindsight he should have stuck with what he had instead of adding to the squad.

Up to mid December we weren't doing too bad. A good draw at Notts and a home draw with Mansfield led us to believe we might make a push for the play offs.

I think it will be difficult for him from here, as any manager would after 4 defeats and we cannot afford to let the slump go on, but let us not pretend that we all wanted him out months ago as that (for the majority at least) is patently untrue.    
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
TheRealJohnLewis
January 15, 2018, 8:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1491987579//id-1138033#id1138033

Quite a few were openly against his appointment and were shot down.

Original Slades thread

Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Slade divides opinion more than Thatcher and Marmite combined!

Poor backwards looking appointment.

Quoted from Madeleymariner
Slade can do one as far as I'm concerned

Quoted from TAGG
Now I've stopped being sick I will have my 10 pence worth.

I have not said anything about Fenty all season but the amnesty is over.
This is another excrement appointment by Fenty who has made no end of excrement decisions in the name of our club..
FFS man why didn't you take your time and get some advice from people who actually know about football.
This is a backward step for our club.
How the intercourse Slade gets job after job I'm copulated if I know.
Funnily enough I'm doing job interviews tomorrow and if someone who comes for a job tells me they have been sacked 9 times (for being incompetent at his job) in the last 10 years including twice in the last 8 months I would think the bloke has a flipping cheek to even apply.

Fenty your an idiot and Slade your excrement.

Apart from that I will be there Friday and renewing my ST to support the team no the MSH or the fat twit in the hat.
UTM

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
TheRealJohnLewis
January 15, 2018, 8:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
This is one of my favourite quote from one of the Slade threads, when early on someone said they're not going to watch GTFC while Slade is there.

Quoted from Hagrid
Bye! You wont be missed. Real fans support the club no matter what is happening off the pitch. Shame on you
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
mariner91
January 15, 2018, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Definitely not a Slade fan but I honestly thought he was a safe pair of hands in that relegation wouldn’t be on the agenda. I thought the contacts he should have in the game would be enough to pick up the right type of players for even a play off push .  Clearly very wrong the only thing he seems good at is spinning well at least attempting to spin away every dreadful performance to the media.  

This. Listen, it was obvious that Bignot was not up to the job and some of the murmurings about what was going on behind the scenes was worrying to say the least. He's proving exactly how good a manager he is at Chester this season i.e not very. Slade would never have been my first choice but given the timing of his appointment, with just a few games of the season left, it was sensible to get someone in as soon as possible to allow them to judge who in the squad they wanted to keep and who they didn't. I also thought he'd be a safe pair of hands and given that it was clear we'd already squandered any momentum we may have had from promotion, I thought that might be okay for a season or two to allow us to establish ourselves as a FL club again. Evidently, I was optimistic with those ambitions and he's clearly been a dreadful appointment but I still stand by the fact that it was not a mistake to sack the useless clown Bignot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
MuddyWaters
January 15, 2018, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
This is one of my favourite quote from one of the Slade threads, when early on someone said they're not going to watch GTFC while Slade is there.

What's a REAL fan anyway? We're all real fans otherwise we wouldn't spend our evenings tapping a keyboard debating our club.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
ginnywings
January 15, 2018, 9:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
I didn't want Slade back and didn't like him last time he was here. However, i did say at the time that he was about as good a manager as we could hope for in our position given his experience and the level he has worked at in the past. I accepted it and bought a season ticket, then thought as long as he gets us competitive, i can put up with his long ball rubbish for now. He seemed a safe pair of hands.

I still don't like him (as a manager, not a person) but i think the club have nailed their colours to the mast and they know how we feel, so it's pointless to keep going on about it in thread after thread. I would actually prefer it if he turned us around and made it to the end of the season, because that means we have pulled well clear of trouble. Bringing in a new manager has as much risk attached as keeping him here at this stage of the season.

We were promised a player clear out and some more quality. I'd prefer to see that in this window. We may see some going out, but whether we see any come in before the end of Jan isn't certain i don't think. I'll just wait and see what happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2018, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What's a REAL fan anyway? We're all real fans otherwise we wouldn't spend our evenings tapping a keyboard debating our club.

I suppose the definition of a real fan is a difficult one. However, I have to say I am surprised at how many people who post on here do not go to the games.

I will temper that by saying people can obviously choose to go or not, and financial, location, age  and other factors will deter some, but I am  quite shocked how many stop going after a poor run, or a manager they don't like, or the style of football, or whatever.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
MuddyWaters
January 15, 2018, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I suppose the definition of a real fan is a difficult one. However, I have to say I am surprised at how many people who post on here do not go to the games.

I will temper that by saying people can obviously choose to go or not, and financial, location, age  and other factors will deter some, but I am  quite shocked how many stop going after a poor run, or a manager they don't like, or the style of football, or whatever.

I always said I would go less when we were non-league and I did, but only a ST is keeping me there at present.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
lukeo
January 16, 2018, 7:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I was on the fence with Slade, his first season with us although we finished mid table we played some decent football. 2nd season we just missed out on play offs but played hoof ball, the way he left was wrong for whatever reasons. So at first I was willing to give him a chance but now they just all need to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
1mickylyons
January 16, 2018, 8:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Yep my view was similar though I was a bit more scathing due to my unforgiving nature over the Cardiff debacle.When in the Summer there was talk of players like Whittingham coming in I nearly caved and got a Season ticket.We then won 1-3 at Chesterfield and I was proper rocking but alas the Coventry home defeat settled my nerves and my judgement has proved sound. SLADE OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade's contempt for the fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.