rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 316[b
]Not one fan wanted Slade to be re-appointed at this football club.
[/b]
He was always facing an uphill challenge to win us over - the value in doing so, is that when you hit a sticky patch the fans afford you more time, because you speak honestly, truthfully and respectfully.

Not Slade.

He's returned, he doesn't give a fcuk about the fans and is as narrow-minded and blinkered as the man who hired him.

My issue with this whole thing is that we all saw this coming an absolute mile off.

As soon as Hurst went to Shrewsbury, there wasn't another manager with the magic touch just waiting in the wings.

Bignot was the right sort of appointment at the time because he truly was a builder, not a fixer. His record showed he built things over seasons, not months, which is why it was a mistake to sack him - especially after a victory.

So even the way we sacked our previous manager and hired our current one was done shoddily.

John Fenty is an embarrassment. Russell Slade is an embarrassment. I hope one day they're both long gone and we have a progressive board that has some kind of long-term plan, rather than simply throwing money at plugging holes in a sinking ship.

Great post except for the highlighted bit ! Quite a few fans on here were pleased when he was appointed and expressed that opinion on here. I never wanted him back and expressed that opinion but was frequently criticised on here for that point of view. Any posts that I made questioning his appointment was received with a barrage of red crosses. Strangely although I never wanted him back in a way I still wanted him to succeed because his failure would damage the club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Madeleymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from rancido

Great post except for the highlighted bit ! Quite a few fans on here were pleased when he was appointed and expressed that opinion on here. I never wanted him back and expressed that opinion but was frequently criticised on here for that point of view. Any posts that I made questioning his appointment was received with a barrage of red crosses. Strangely although I never wanted him back in a way I still wanted him to succeed because his failure would damage the club.

You weren'i the only one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
friskneymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Wonder where all the pro Slade fans are now, I am genuinely interested what they think.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 15, 2018, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Definitely not a Slade fan but I honestly thought he was a safe pair of hands in that relegation wouldn’t be on the agenda. I thought the contacts he should have in the game would be enough to pick up the right type of players for even a play off push .  Clearly very wrong the only thing he seems good at is spinning well at least attempting to spin away every dreadful performance to the media.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Having read Slades remarks in todays GET I cannot believe how delusional he is. The classic comment is where  he is discussing Matt's red card . " ... and that was quite key at the time because I thought we had the momentum with the substitutions we'd made". I think he must have overlooked the fact that Matt was sent off in the 89th minute and even though we had pulled one goal back we didn't really look likely to get another in 1 minute pus AET !

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
rancido
January 15, 2018, 7:50pm

Vodka Drinker
[quote=110]

You weren'i the only one[/quote

I think two of his "fans " have already given me red crosses and I'm sure more will follow but sometimes the truth really does hurt!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
friskneymariner
January 15, 2018, 7:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Oh yeah there are definitely 2 Slade fans left who red cross any anti Slade post

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2018, 8:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from friskneymariner
Wonder where all the pro Slade fans are now, I am genuinely interested what they think.

Well we are still here, in a pragmatic sort of a way.

Memory plays tricks, but there certainly wasn't an outcry on here or elsewhere when he was appointed. Some moaned of course, but some fans always do whenever a new manager is installed. I was pleased because he was known to Fenty, and has a good career since leaving here for the first time.

Fans turned up in quite good numbers for his first games in charge, in fact I remember BP was quite buzzing when he won his first game against Cambridge.

It started to go awry in the summer when he couldn't land his main targets; in hindsight he should have stuck with what he had instead of adding to the squad.

Up to mid December we weren't doing too bad. A good draw at Notts and a home draw with Mansfield led us to believe we might make a push for the play offs.

I think it will be difficult for him from here, as any manager would after 4 defeats and we cannot afford to let the slump go on, but let us not pretend that we all wanted him out months ago as that (for the majority at least) is patently untrue.    
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
TheRealJohnLewis
January 15, 2018, 8:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1491987579//id-1138033#id1138033

Quite a few were openly against his appointment and were shot down.

Original Slades thread

Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Slade divides opinion more than Thatcher and Marmite combined!

Poor backwards looking appointment.

Quoted from Madeleymariner
Slade can do one as far as I'm concerned

Quoted from TAGG
Now I've stopped being sick I will have my 10 pence worth.

I have not said anything about Fenty all season but the amnesty is over.
This is another excrement appointment by Fenty who has made no end of excrement decisions in the name of our club..
FFS man why didn't you take your time and get some advice from people who actually know about football.
This is a backward step for our club.
How the intercourse Slade gets job after job I'm copulated if I know.
Funnily enough I'm doing job interviews tomorrow and if someone who comes for a job tells me they have been sacked 9 times (for being incompetent at his job) in the last 10 years including twice in the last 8 months I would think the bloke has a flipping cheek to even apply.

Fenty your an idiot and Slade your excrement.

Apart from that I will be there Friday and renewing my ST to support the team no the MSH or the fat twit in the hat.
UTM

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
TheRealJohnLewis
January 15, 2018, 8:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
This is one of my favourite quote from one of the Slade threads, when early on someone said they're not going to watch GTFC while Slade is there.

Quoted from Hagrid
Bye! You wont be missed. Real fans support the club no matter what is happening off the pitch. Shame on you
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade's contempt for the fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.