Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 316 Guests

I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!

This thread currently has 4,781 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 13, 2018, 8:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
The club's strategy has meant that the board have backed themselves into a corner. Having publicly supported the management duo 'unequivocally', they can't very well now sack them only one result on from that?! It would totally discredit them. And yet, when they do nothing following another home catastrophe, they look weak and very badly mistaken. Every week the same. The facts are screaming in everyone's face. Results, goals, tactics, bullsh1t interviews, substitutions, wasted money, big squad full of dross etc etc

Well done board and management. What a complete and utter mess you're making. It does bring shame upon this proud club, so soon after returning to the FL. Crying bl00dy shame for the loyal supporters.

the boards credibility went on several occasions,

1) Marley asking a fan after he said "I'm sorry I don't know your name" to Marley whose response was "why don't you know the names of Grimsby town directors" to "shut" up to a fan. To saying a high net worth individual wouldn't come on board because of the abuse he got when very few knew who he was before faux pas and then asking to be voted back on the board at the AGM.

2) Fenty not knowing that Day was meeting with Matt Dean to discuss Woodhouse rumour.

3) All the failures of the last decade and continually backing a past it failing one system of play hoofball manager.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er
I've never seen such unity on the fishy on a topic as with how people currently feel about Slade. I also can't believe that the board are not only unaware of these feeling, but are not feeling the same way. This scares me, as we must be in a situation whereby it's cheaper to give more funds to Slade than actually sack him. Judging by the size of our squad already, he must already have been given a decent wedge, contrary to what some people believe. If this is the case, and we simply can't afford to sack Slade, then not only do we have the rest of the season to look forward to, with this horrendous style, but potentially a campaign in the conference with it too. I can't stomach even another season in the non league, even with a manager I like, let alone with Slade in charge. I suppose I can't help but feel very bleak about what the next season and a half holds for us. It's just such a shame after the enthusiasm the last two seasons in the conference and the eventual promotion garnered. As a younger fan, I had genuine hope that we could build on it and progress into a decent football league club once again, something I had never witnessed but only heard about. I guess I can forgot about that happening for another 10 years.

If the club can't afford to sack Slade, then what is the point of Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
Mariner93er
January 13, 2018, 9:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Isn't that a question we're asking in general at the minute
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Cambs Mariner
January 13, 2018, 10:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Bigdog

If the club can't afford to sack Slade, then what is the point of Fenty?

Exactly. What is the point of Fenty anymore? We all know that he put a couple of million into the club. But how much have his decisions cost us since? By his own admission we lost 3 million by going into the Conference as well as paying players and managers off. On the upside he got around a million back for Bogle along with that brilliant day at Wembley when thankfully we got back to Football League. Why did we have that brilliant day at Wembley, I shall tell you why. It wasn;t because of all the rubbish managers Mr Fenty put in place beforehand. I actually agreed when he appointed Newell. He seemed to be an up and coming manager but that didn't work out. Fair enough,we all make  mistakes. He then appointed Neil Wood as caretaker which was an absolute failure. I seem to recall his tenure was the longest run of games without a win which led to us being relegated. Did Mr Fenty get rid of him? No, that would of far been too sensible.He employed him for the following season. Mr Wood eventually lost his job. We then  appointed an up and coming managerial pair called Hurst and Scott which eventually just became Paul Hurst. A young manager who was very single minded and who took a while to find his feet. But when he did we went to Wembley 4 times in a very short space of time and he led us back into the football league. Our first season back in the Paul Hurst got us into the top 7. Whilst this was happening a few teams were starting to take notice of him. Did Mr Fenty offer him a better contract,a fitness coach or a better budget. What do you think? Not a chance, he let him leave for Shrewsbury, a team that was bottom of League 1, a team that we may well have replaced if they had been relegated. Now lets go forward a few months. Grimsby Town are 17th in Division 2 after appointing 2 more managers, of which one is allegedly on a long contract and Shrewsbury tonight sit in 2nd place in Division 1.
So to sum all this up Mr Fenty the club owes you nothing. If you had given Paul Hurst what he asked for, things you have given the subsequent managers we may have been promoted last season and if we hadn't we would have been up there this season. So again the club and fans owe you nothing. So do us all a favour and admit your mistakes, cut your losses and let the club have a chance of success because you are killing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
GrimRob
January 13, 2018, 10:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
They must all be in total denial if they think he can still turn it around from here

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 31
Bigdog
January 13, 2018, 10:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from GrimRob
They must all be in total denial if they think he can still turn it around from here

RS? JF? Or both Rob?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
kevikov
January 13, 2018, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I honestly think JF's level as a football club majority shareholding non chairman is non league, I think he's happy there, big fish in a little pond. We hit Wembley more often, more attractive to the better players in that league, up at the right end of the table more often than not, promotion seasons bringing in the money etc.
If it was my personal fortune I'd noticed I'd been burning and the club was no better off after 15 years, if anything it was worse, I'd simply employ someone with a wealth of experience and proven track record to run the club top to bottom the right way and leave them to it. There would be a much better chance of actually getting some of my money back if someone who knew what they were doing and did it well was in place and not me.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
GrimRob
January 13, 2018, 10:33pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Bigdog

RS? JF? Or both Rob?  

I don't think RS has any interest in managing the team, he just wants his payoff.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 31
January 13, 2018, 10:45pm
Guest User
What worrys me the most is that he is still going to be given the opportunity to bring his own players in when it's highly likely he could be sacked in the next few games. Why would you make such a risk when we are doing so poorly?

At this moment in time we have Paul Dixon, Mitch Rose, Sam Kelly, Harry Cardwell, JJ Hooper and Sam Jones all contracted for next season. Slade keeps on talking about building something here but with 5 of those being his signings then the only thing he is building to me is a relegation squad.
Reply: 28 - 31
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2018, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
Sonic ;Squarkus it is very laudable to show loyalty to your brother,but really you are not doing him an favours,you both need to get together and tell him he has no wheels on his wagon.

Is he being chased by Cherokees?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I question the sanity of the board of GTFC!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.