January 13, 2018, 4:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Sigh

Again we started okay but that only lasted for about 5 mins

We seem to be playing well; then just shoot ourselves in the foot

There's no communication in the final third or the defence, quite frankly it's embarrassing how often they get in each other's way

The game livened up towards the end but why the intercourse does it take till the 70th minute for us to start playing?

As for Matt's red card, doesn't anyone have any clue what that was for?

All in all, another shite result and performance that sees us continue to slide down the table

SLADE OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 13, 2018, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Does not matter anymore. This cannot go on. Fenty i am
Begging, please get wilko and slade their p45 and them go yourself. It must stop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 48
monkeyboy
January 13, 2018, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Just out of interest how did osborne do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 48
dapperz fun pub
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
We are extremely lucky Barnet are shite unfortunately chesterfield look like their improving and the veggies will win a few games before the end of the season .. this is real we are in real trouble whatever Slade says
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 48
wembley_double98

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Cannot believe what is going on at my beloved club
The wheels have well and truly come off this wagon.
Can only hope there are two teams more s**t than us!
Remember feeling this way the seasons before we went down...
Always a Mariner

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 48
gytone
January 13, 2018, 5:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from monkeyboy

He's gone back to Solihull 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 48
sonofmadeleymariner
January 13, 2018, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from monkeyboy

His delfection led to an own goal, nothing he could really do about it to be honest, like most of the squad he was indifferent he was neither in the game nor out of it.

Only players to really earn any praise were Mills and Summerfield, Mills made about 3 or 4 goal line clearances, Summerfield did his usual thing of running his socks off putting himself about beut even he was off today. New lad did well first 5 minutes or so and one moment in the second half, but you couldn't expect him to do anything else as well there was 0 service.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 48
monkeyboy
January 13, 2018, 5:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from gytone

He's gone back to Solihull 😉

the defender i meant lol, bollox to the spelling

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 48
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2018, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Some positives - Vernam looks decent, Zak Mills had another very good game, Berrett was better this week than Rose was last......

The negatives? Summers had his worst game of his run in the team and Woolford??? Well he played three hospital passes that put his team mates in trouble and....I won't go on because any manager that picks him ahead of DJ should be sacked, and we know that's not going to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 48
ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 5:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
A team with confidence playing a team with none and of course, when you are down, things go against you. We started ok and the new lad looks a footballer, but their first real shot flies in and it's an uphill battle once again with Newport mostly controlling things without too many panics. We then get a golden chance to equalise, fluff that, and less than 60 seconds later, we are 2 down to a deflected shot. Typical of a struggling side. When we did get one back, with a scrappy goal, we had 18 mins with the injury time to get an equaliser, but Newport just managed the game to it's end without us really getting at them.

Something needs to happen sharpish, or we are going to get dragged into the mire. We have that look about us that i have seen all too often and usually ends in tears.

Not as bad as the Morecambe game and our goal probably took the sting out of the fans a bit, or it may have got ugly. Don't know what the answer is but we are now only 11 off bottom, and the gap is closing, slowly but surely.

I'm listening to Slade right now. We were not the better side Russ. Get your head out of your ar$e
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 48
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.