arryarryarry
January 13, 2018, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

Very well put. You can only imagine the scenario....The players get some remotivation from somewhere during half time and get it melted away when they are booed back onto the pitch. It's come to the point where I suspect the players will be glad to get away from B.P. next Saturday.

Didn't do much for us at Crewe.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
IlkleyMariner
January 13, 2018, 8:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,009
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from moosey_club
the crowd were effectively Newports twelth man today.....i was embarrassed to be a Town fan at times this afternoon with some of the comments chants, jeers and cheers .

I know we are playing cr@p, i know the quality isnt there, i know the manager looks tactically inept but jeering our own team, abusing our own players, the biggest cheers of the day were when certain players got the hook, ironic cheers when Kean caught a ball.....is it any wonder that when we go a goal down that to a man ...the players hide ?

If only 1500 turn up next home game then so be it, get your message across that way but battering our own players isnt the solution.

dont think it will help new player recruitment either...we need fewer higher quality players remember....will it be in January or the summer?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
January 13, 2018, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from moosey_club

i would prefer us to act like human beings , throwing bottles at the opposition keeper, jeering and abusing PEOPLE .....not very civilised...guilty of it myself as a youth with hindsight... but it just doesnt help.....it feels like people are turning up waiting or wanting  us to lose or a player to make a mistake so they can have a pop....the crowd was pretty quiet up until we went a goal down...then people cant keep quiet ....a guy near me screaming at Kean to kick it straight ! going down with the Barnet , Slade out etc...never heard him say one word of encouragement or anything positive all game.  Baffles me that if people are so anti what they are seeing why actually go ?  

Perhaps they are the most committed fans  - the ones that go.

I think the paying fans have been very restrained for many years, and things are at last coming to a head. I would rather all our ire was pointed in Fenty's direction myself, but mistakes on the pitch will fire people up for sure.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
January 13, 2018, 10:08pm
Guest User
You turn up at the game and you are entitled to your opinion providing it's not personal. If the chairman and manager can raise their voice at a journalist in public then they should be able to receive the same treatment. I'm not criticising the players as I think some of them are actually trying but simply are not good enough in terms of ability. I am however critising the management team because they have employed and selected these players. If you want to stop people going because they are not happy with what they are seeing then the attendance will drop to below 100. I'm sure there is a certain element of the support who would still be smiling if we got relegated as there is an element who would be whining if we got promoted.
Reply: 13 - 19
sam gy
January 13, 2018, 11:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,474
Gold Stars: 55
Having played in a play off side that was also booed and jeered at times, Podge knew that there would be a negative atmosphere and it was a part of the Newport team talk.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....port-countys-1061453

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
MrFisherman
January 14, 2018, 8:02am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
One bloke unfurled a banner in the Pontoon when Newport scored their 2nd and then the fukwits calling themselves stewards decided to surround him for doing this
Then one of the stewards decided to go it alone and ignore what he was told to do about the banner and was sent to the corner because he was making the situtation worse
I'd like to know what Nick Dale gives these idiots as training

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
OneLove
January 14, 2018, 8:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MrFisherman
One bloke unfurled a banner in the Pontoon when Newport scored their 2nd and then the fukwits calling themselves stewards decided to surround him for doing this
Then one of the stewards decided to go it alone and ignore what he was told to do about the banner and was sent to the corner because he was making the situtation worse
I'd like to know what Nick Dale gives these idiots as training

They confiscated the banner saying it was a fire hazard haha, the goons in daft bright jackets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Madeleymariner
January 14, 2018, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Does that mean my half time draw ticket and programme should be confiscated as they would catch fire really quick if someone put a match to them. Good job most flasks aren't flammable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
Davec
January 14, 2018, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Does that mean my half time draw ticket and programme should be confiscated as they would catch fire really quick if someone put a match to them. Good job most flasks aren't flammable

And there's me thinking Fenty banned flasks incase they catch fire 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
RoboCod
January 14, 2018, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Will Griggs is banned from Blundell Park, I've heard.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Twelfth Man

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.