2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
January 13, 2018, 4:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
People have rubbished the idea of a demo etc but I think its the only way us mugs are going to get a point over. If they aren't gone after today then we need to do it and get answers! Its disgraceful, it guts me to bits with whats happening to our club, it ruined from top to bottom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
January 13, 2018, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Get everyone in the mainstand behind the dug out and throw P45s into the techniqual area.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
moosey_club
January 13, 2018, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
the crowd were effectively Newports twelth man today.....i was embarrassed to be a Town fan at times this afternoon with some of the comments chants, jeers and cheers .

I know we are playing cr@p, i know the quality isnt there, i know the manager looks tactically inept but jeering our own team, abusing our own players, the biggest cheers of the day were when certain players got the hook, ironic cheers when Kean caught a ball.....is it any wonder that when we go a goal down that to a man ...the players hide ?

If only 1500 turn up next home game then so be it, get your message across that way but battering our own players isnt the solution.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
barralad
January 13, 2018, 6:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from moosey_club
the crowd were effectively Newports twelth man today.....i was embarrassed to be a Town fan at times this afternoon with some of the comments chants, jeers and cheers .

I know we are playing cr@p, i know the quality isnt there, i know the manager looks tactically inept but jeering our own team, abusing our own players, the biggest cheers of the day were when certain players got the hook, ironic cheers when Kean caught a ball.....is it any wonder that when we go a goal down that to a man ...the players hide ?

If only 1500 turn up next home game then so be it, get your message across that way but battering our own players isnt the solution.

Very well put. You can only imagine the scenario....The players get some remotivation from somewhere during half time and get it melted away when they are booed back onto the pitch. It's come to the point where I suspect the players will be glad to get away from B.P. next Saturday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
lowerfindus
January 13, 2018, 7:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
If players don't show a bit of steel and determination then they deserve to be booed.

You can't serve up weeks of sh1t football and expect to receive a pat on the back. At some point someone has to show some balls. Some encouragement that despite limitations they are trying their best.

It's not the fans fault. The fenty years of decline have not in anyway be resultant of fans booing players.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
barralad
January 13, 2018, 7:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from lowerfindus
If players don't show a bit of steel and determination then they deserve to be booed.

You can't serve up weeks of sh1t football and expect to receive a pat on the back. At some point someone has to show some balls. Some encouragement that despite limitations they are trying their best.

It's not the fans fault. The fenty years of decline have not in anyway be resultant of fans booing players.

Where is the evidence that they are not trying? Vernon was booed when he had his effort tipped around the post FFS.
Nobody is suggesting they deserve "a pat on the back" but booing when they come back onto the pitch is absolutely counter productive.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
TAGG
January 13, 2018, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from moosey_club

balderdash

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Ipswin
January 13, 2018, 7:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from barralad

Very well put. You can only imagine the scenario....The players get some remotivation from somewhere during half time and get it melted away when they are booed back onto the pitch. It's come to the point where I suspect the players will be glad to get away from B.P. next Saturday.

I don't know about that I reckon we will get stuffed 3 or 4 nil

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
January 13, 2018, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,655
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from moosey_club

So you would prefer people who have gone for donkeys years to stay away in case they hurt the feelings of the players?

Why not go one further and play the matches behind closed doors? It is the very fans who do go and show their feelings, for good or bad, that deserve the most praise. I have seen poster after poster on here saying they are not going, which is their decision but I have greater respect for those that do turn up.

I gave an ironic cheer to the keeper when he eventually caught something - rumour at the ground is that he is on £8k a week in the Championship so he will just have to put up with some stick.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
moosey_club
January 13, 2018, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224

So you would prefer people who have gone for donkeys years to stay away in case they hurt the feelings of the players?

Why not go one further and play the matches behind closed doors? It is the very fans who do go and show their feelings, for good or bad, that deserve the most praise. I have seen poster after poster on here saying they are not going, which is their decision but I have greater respect for those that do turn up.

I gave an ironic cheer to the keeper when he eventually caught something - rumour at the ground is that he is on £8k a week in the Championship so he will just have to put up with some stick.

i would prefer us to act like human beings , throwing bottles at the opposition keeper, jeering and abusing PEOPLE .....not very civilised...guilty of it myself as a youth with hindsight... but it just doesnt help.....it feels like people are turning up waiting or wanting  us to lose or a player to make a mistake so they can have a pop....the crowd was pretty quiet up until we went a goal down...then people cant keep quiet ....a guy near me screaming at Kean to kick it straight ! going down with the Barnet , Slade out etc...never heard him say one word of encouragement or anything positive all game.  Baffles me that if people are so anti what they are seeing why actually go ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Twelfth Man

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.