Swansea_Mariner
January 19, 2018, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from grimreaper
Asante trained again with the youth spent 15 minutes with them, they cut it short because the other players were playing tomorrow. He is putting extra training in even if Slade does not want him, at least he will be fit if he goes out on loan or someone comes in for him. What is disappointing and shows bad manners is that since he has been back, not one of the management team have spoken to him.

This is pretty shocking, what an appalling way to treat an employee in this day and age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 105
Grantham_Mariner
January 19, 2018, 6:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Deserved a chance, was injured before RS was appointed. Sent out on loan, change of Manager who did not want/play him. So what has RS seen that say's I don't want him and get him to train with the youths [allegedly.]

As our other forwards are drawing blanks he must be given a chance to show what he can do.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 105
Maringer
January 19, 2018, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
There are obviously two sides to every story but I can't imagine why any manager would treat a contracted player in such a manner. If they've been agitating for a move or causing trouble within the squad, then I suppose so, but Asante can't have been doing this because he's not been here.

Only thing I can think of is that it's just his way of trying to force unwanted players out without paying them off fully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 105
Croxton
January 19, 2018, 6:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Where's Matt Dean, JT, Burnsy, Nigel Lowther et al when we encounter such a vacuum of info about our squad? Are the players treated as badly as the fans?  
Thanks for the update Grimreaper but you have depressed me further!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 105
arryarryarry
January 19, 2018, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Croxton
Where's Matt Dean, JT, Burnsy, Nigel Lowther et al when we encounter such a vacuum of info about our squad? Are the players treated as badly as the fans?  

I very much doubt if those are allowed within a mile of BP or CS.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 105
arryarryarry
January 19, 2018, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer
There are obviously two sides to every story but I can't imagine why any manager would treat a contracted player in such a manner. If they've been agitating for a move or causing trouble within the squad, then I suppose so, but Asante can't have been doing this because he's not been here.

Only thing I can think of is that it's just his way of trying to force unwanted players out without paying them off fully.

Because RS is a complete twit?
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 105
jamesgtfc
January 19, 2018, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Croxton

If pressed Slade will only deny it. I think the reason for playing the youths in the reserve match earlier this week was an attempt to force a number of players out of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 105
jimgtfc
January 19, 2018, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Probably a bit of mind games from Slade to move the player on and free up some wages. Asante probably wants to stay and fight for his place while he’s still got 6 months left of a decent football league contract. But Slade wants him out to allow more room for manoeuvre in the wage budget so gives him the silent treatment to alienate him and make him feel totally unwanted so he then asks for a move. I doubt it’s going down well with the rest of the squad.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 105
Gaffer58
January 19, 2018, 6:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
If Slade treated a child like this when he was teaching there would have been hell on, so why does he treat an adult this way?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 105
Sigone
January 19, 2018, 6:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from jimgtfc
Probably a bit of mind games from Slade to move the player on and free up some wages. .

Well I hope Asante stays and doesnt free up wages for Selywyn Froggitt(Slade) to waste on more Hooper,Kelly,Woolford &Dixon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Asante coming back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.