January 15, 2018, 12:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from RichMariner
Just one question that no one has asked yet:

Which players would Osborne have had to oust to play in his preferred centre midfield role?

Based on this season alone, I'd say Summerfield and Rose have been our two best central midfielders. I'd have wanted Osborne challenging those two, but clearly Slade thinks he's more useful on the left wing (don't see it myself).

IMO he's a much better player than both. However, when you use you midfield for the sole purpose of picking up lose balls and fire them into the channels when not bypassing them entirely by getting your defenders to ignore the midfield and fire into the channels themselves, that would be wasting Jamie Osborne.

However, if you were to use your midfield as a driving force in the game to help build attacks then he is head and shoulders over both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
Posh Harry
January 15, 2018, 12:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,350
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from RichMariner

Which players would Osborne have had to oust to play in his preferred centre midfield role?

Based on this season alone, I'd say Summerfield and Rose have been our two best central midfielders. I'd have wanted Osborne challenging those two, but clearly Slade thinks he's more useful on the left wing (don't see it myself).

Would have been better in a 4-2-3-1 formation in my opinion. Summerfield and Rose as defensive midfielders (with licence to get forward as appropriate), focal striker up front (probably Matt as best option with squad we have) and a 3 of Osborne, Jones and Dembele with licence to swap positions throughout the front line.

Bit ambitious though for those currently in charge.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
mariner91
January 15, 2018, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from RichMariner

I think he'd have been fantastic in a midfield three given license to roam forward and drift into pockets of space. Rose and Summerfield behind him doing the donkey work wouldn't have been too bad either.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamey Osborne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.