Mallyner
January 13, 2018, 2:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club
Sooo....i believe the Winter Gardens closed in 2007.......which saw the end of "The Bags" .... now we all know that players of great standing locally used to frequent "The Bags" on a Wednesday night hoping for some midweek cardio work and groin stretching and to take on liquids which are essential for any athlete.

Would we say that GTFC has seen more good times or more bad times since 2007 ?  Coincidence ??

The most iconic "couldnt settle" player in modern memory...Martin Butler ..came to us in ..yes...2007 !!  Coincidence ??

Players unhappy with the area ever since seems to be on the increase too.......cant recall remember the Lever's, Gilberts, Childs, Handyside, Macca, Pouton, Reddy, leaving because they couldnt settle...... Coincidence ??

JF .....scrap plans for a new stadium and rebuild The Winter Gardens instead !!!

Brilliant mate I didn't realiise my original light hearted post had so much significance in the demise of the team since the Winter Gardens closed.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2018, 4:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Pontooner
It's a good job John McDermott and John Cockerill didn't take the Jamie Osbourne attitude when they were converted from right wing to right back and CH to CM by Alan Buckley.

The difference was Buckley new what he was doing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
rancido
January 13, 2018, 8:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The difference was Buckley new what he was doing.

Deffo. Buckley was reasonably new to management and he knew what he was doing.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
moosey_club
January 13, 2018, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mallyner

Brilliant mate I didn't realiise my original light hearted post had so much significance in the demise of the team since the Winter Gardens closed.  

Just trying to lighten the mood.........but in doing so i think i have actually convinced myself there is a connection.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
londonmariner2
January 13, 2018, 9:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
He was sent off again today.
Just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
ginnywings
January 13, 2018, 9:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from londonmariner2
He was sent off again today.
Just saying

Seems his head aint right at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
MarinerMal
January 15, 2018, 11:09am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Can there be much doubt left, he went because of the manager, after his interview in the [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamey-osborne-still-dreams-football-1057707]GrimsbyTelegraph[/url].
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
Theimperialcoroner
January 15, 2018, 11:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,142
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from moosey_club
Sooo....i believe the Winter Gardens closed in 2007.......which saw the end of "The Bags" .... now we all know that players of great standing locally used to frequent "The Bags" on a Wednesday night hoping for some midweek cardio work and groin stretching and to take on liquids which are essential for any athlete.

Would we say that GTFC has seen more good times or more bad times since 2007 ?  Coincidence ??

The most iconic "couldnt settle" player in modern memory...Martin Butler ..came to us in ..yes...2007 !!  Coincidence ??

Players unhappy with the area ever since seems to be on the increase too.......cant recall remember the Lever's, Gilberts, Childs, Handyside, Macca, Pouton, Reddy, leaving because they couldnt settle...... Coincidence ??

JF .....scrap plans for a new stadium and rebuild The Winter Gardens instead !!!

However Ivano was a regular at the Pier so do we need to boot out the Yorker chippy and reinstate that too?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
Mallyner
January 15, 2018, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

However Ivano was a regular at the Pier so do we need to boot out the Yorker chippy and reinstate that too?

And while we are at it, let's rebuild the Lifeboat.  

That was my usual round, Lynton, Lifeboat, Winter Gardens, mainly Heavy Metal night on a Sunday.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
RichMariner
January 15, 2018, 11:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
Just one question that no one has asked yet:

Which players would Osborne have had to oust to play in his preferred centre midfield role?

Based on this season alone, I'd say Summerfield and Rose have been our two best central midfielders. I'd have wanted Osborne challenging those two, but clearly Slade thinks he's more useful on the left wing (don't see it myself).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamey Osborne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.