Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nice to see..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Nice to see..

This thread currently has 2,974 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
January 11, 2018, 7:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Nice to see an article earlier from the Grimsby Telegraph explaining that the majority of town fans aren't upset about the amount of points we have, but we're annoyed at the way we are playing. I've openly said it many times on here, we're exactly where I expected us to be points wise but in regards to the way we are playing it's terrible.
Is everyone's feelings on here the same? If Slade was trying to get us to play decent football would you be satisfied where we are in the league at the moment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2018, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Given that the minimum expectation this season was top 7 I am not satisfied with the current league position and points tally.

If I could see progress I would be happy but Slade has a worse points per game ratio than Bignot and in my book that is not progress!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Grantley
January 11, 2018, 7:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
If we aren’t winning, we could at least be playing semi-decent football - we’re doing neither!

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
lukeo
January 11, 2018, 9:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Minimum was 7th? says who? Look at the size of the club, the quality of the management team, the quality of the squad the budget etc. There are probably 15 odd teams who I'm sure have atleast one eye on the play offs and hope to get into the lottery of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Biccys
January 11, 2018, 9:17pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Allegedly the playing budget is "top 7"

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 15
sonofmadeleymariner
January 11, 2018, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from lukeo
Minimum was 7th? says who? Look at the size of the club, the quality of the management team, the quality of the squad the budget etc. There are probably 15 odd teams who I'm sure have atleast one eye on the play offs and hope to get into the lottery of it.

Slade did on his first interview on his appointment.

Got to say we are a little higher up then I thought we would be, but in no way shocked about the "quality" of the football.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
January 11, 2018, 9:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys

I don’t have the evidence to either support or dismiss your comment but logic dictates that a large squad takes some funding, even at our level.  
Reply: 6 - 15
Mariner_09
January 11, 2018, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Biccys

Based on what JF said in RS’s first press conference?

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
UTMAdinfinitum
January 11, 2018, 10:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
I'm content to watch a team that tries to play passing football and there is demonstrable effort from the players, if this means at the minimum mid-table.
Obviously, if you're in the mess of a relegation battle it's all hands to the pump and points at whatever cost.
I've witnessed this situation away at the Champions elect Ipswich when AB was manager, a battling 0-0 by the 'red army's left me and my father totally mentally drained but so proud of the players.
But that was necessary.
I don't feel any belonging to the current playing 'style', it's awful and depressing even when we win.
I've never felt this low!, except after relegation to the conference and the Bristol Rovers Wembley defeat at Wembley.
But both of these occasions I was inwardly angry, determined and wanting to fight! But now I feel like it's groundhog day and I'm low on reserves.
I'm another season ticket holder of 30+years, and I don't want to go in Saturday.
Not out of a boycott or protest but because I can't do it to myself.
Those of you that do go, you have my admiration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
UTMAdinfinitum
January 11, 2018, 10:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
Sorry for the odd typo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nice to see..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.