Tinymariner
January 12, 2018, 1:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Players will sign if you pay them the right money.
The style of the statement was generally praised as an improvement by most. Some had questions about the content and I would say rightly so.
This sort of fan blaming excuses the failure of the board and the management. The fans have the least influence on whether a player signs for the club or not.
You can't behave the way that our Board have in recent history and suddenly expect a rallying cry to unit to have the desired impact. The proof of the aims stated will be in the signings made in January and the results for the rest of the season.

I’m not blaming fans, give me strength! I’m putting my feelings toward the board/chairmanship/Management to one side and trying to get behind the team because at present it seems futile to fight when unity is more productive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
headingly_mariner
January 12, 2018, 2:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Tinymariner

I’m not blaming fans, give me strength! I’m putting my feelings toward the board/chairmanship/Management to one side and trying to get behind the team because at present it seems futile to fight when unity is more productive.

You suggested that players wouldn't sign for us because of the fans and because they haven't united behind a statement from the club. This is the sort of excuse those at the club trot out when things aren't going well and it does point the finger at fans.

Unity is more productive, but only if people have faith and trust in what they are getting behind. I'd certainly like to see people get behind the players in the ground and that is what I will be doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
MarinerMal
January 12, 2018, 2:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Tinymariner

But there can be no unity atm. The non-chairmen/board made sure of the when they appointed Slade.

They could not have made an appointment more divisive than that.

The club and fans were still enjoying the after effects of getting back in the League before then. Most of the current division within the club stems from this one appointment.

Personally, I want to see this club do well but I do not see it doing this under this management team. I don't expect us to win all the time but I do expect something resembling football rather than the kick and rush from another decade we are forced to watch. Even if we were winning playing that way, I still wouldn't want to watch it. I also think the non-chairmen and current board run the club poorly. Therefore I think the club is heading for trouble with it's current set up.

I'm a season ticket holder so the club already has my money. The only way I can make my feelings clear to the board is to not turn up to matches and hope enough others do too. I do know there are many season ticket holders who are just not going because of Slade's style of football.

So far I've read the fault is with the toxic fan base posting negative comments on this forum (as if that makes any difference) and the only true supporters are the ones that show their unity and still go the games.

Maybe the fans who stay away because they are concerned about the clubs future under the clubs current direction and management care more than they are being given credit for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Tinymariner
January 12, 2018, 2:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Everyone has the right to attend games and I would never criticise or blame them for their decisions to either attend or not. I do believe that all football fans can have an impact on players if there is a lot of negativity at a club, this could affect our current situation but I don’t blame the fans for this. We have a right to be pi55ed off because it is our club, not JFs or the boards. Any blame should be shouldered by them as they make the decisions. I detest the type of football we are playing under Slade and I think we need a clear out on all levels but I would never hope for us to lose just to get rid of a manager.
All that said, we need the kind of positivity I have seen in some of the responses to the boards statement and not the negativity in others.
Im fed up with negativity, positive thoughts may lead to positive actions and outcomes UTM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Were missing them

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.